shape
carat
color
clarity

Aisle Runner? Just want your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Opps typing to fast
anyway, wanted your opinion on aisle runner. do i need one?
if yes, is it a waste to get a fancy one with initials? do most people just get a plain white one? what is the norm?

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Where is your wedding? Outdoors? Indoors? Church?

This will help us give you better advice. I personally think aisle runners are one of those "Ok to skip" items in most circumstances. But some places require them (e.g. if you are going to scatter flower petals to protect the floor)

Forgive me for anyone who is offended, but I think that unless you have a budget surplus (and who does?) monogrammed ones are a big waste of $$$. I''d rather put the money towards more flowers, nicer cake, etc.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I think if you don''t have a clearly defined aisle, the runner can definitely help, but unless it''s something you personally have your heart set on, it is easily skipable. My church actually forbade them since the floor was marble and slightly slanted, so it was a fall hazard.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
My ceremony is at the Martha Mary Chapel in Sudbury MA

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I am doing a decorative aisle runner as part of the Decoration for the Ceremony

My colors are Black Ivory and a touch of Magenta.. I am having while chairs with black ties.

My aisle runner will be black ( I bought a very heavy good quality ) runner. Someone from ETSY
is going to handpaint it with white and light silver designs.

It will add to the Drama of the room that I want to create. I am doing very little in the way of
flowers for the Ceremony - so this was my little splurge.

I might have two arrangements with branches dripping with crystals and candles at the front.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
You are a New England bride - how nice! (I am originally from Worcester, MA, but I live in CA now so we are having the wedding in Malibu. I am still slightly sad about not having the ceremony in a typical new england church/chapel) I love your whole venue - where are you having the reception?

I looked at the 360 degree tour on the chapel website (it has red carpet and white pews, correct?) and I don''t think you need an aisle runner. Ask the staff what they think, but a runner on top of the carpet will likely slip. With how beautiful the room is, I doubt anyone will be looking at the floor anyways.

If you do anything I would do a simple white runner to match the decor of the room. Perhaps your florist can rent you something for a reasonable fee.

I personally think aisle runners are more important in a place where you need to designate an aisle when there isn''t generally one there (outdoors on grass, indoor hotel ceremony, etc.) and your aisle is already beautifully framed by the pews.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m getting married on grass and I''m not using one. I''m using the chairs and my kissing balls on shephard hooks to "define" my asile. I think if your church is gorgess already, save the $$$!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 2:59:31 PM
Author: rockzilla
You are a New England bride - how nice! (I am originally from Worcester, MA, but I live in CA now so we are having the wedding in Malibu. I am still slightly sad about not having the ceremony in a typical new england church/chapel) I love your whole venue - where are you having the reception?

I looked at the 360 degree tour on the chapel website (it has red carpet and white pews, correct?) and I don''t think you need an aisle runner. Ask the staff what they think, but a runner on top of the carpet will likely slip. With how beautiful the room is, I doubt anyone will be looking at the floor anyways.

If you do anything I would do a simple white runner to match the decor of the room. Perhaps your florist can rent you something for a reasonable fee.

I personally think aisle runners are more important in a place where you need to designate an aisle when there isn''t generally one there (outdoors on grass, indoor hotel ceremony, etc.) and your aisle is already beautifully framed by the pews.
The reception is at the westford regency about 45 min. away. I will ask them at the wayside inn what they think of the aisle runner thing. if you look at this picture of inside the chapel there is a white aisle runner and NO bows on the pews - i originally was thinkiing i would DO white bows on the pews but this looks ok? hmmm - so many details !

http://www.wayside.org/files/hawthorneweddingbrochure.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results