shape
carat
color
clarity

After the wedding formal pics....advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
Okay..we had a little issue with our photographer and ended up with only 1 posed photo of my DH and I at the wedding in May. After a little "discussion" he was able to create other photos by cropping the parents and others out of the pictues so we now have 3 posed photos. They bug me because I know they were created and so I asked about doing another formal photo session and he said he could do that. I don't want to try to recreate the day and pretend they were taken on our wedding day but I feel like in the future the pictures, or lack there of, will always be a sore spot for me. Also, this guy was not cheap and I feel like didn't get what I paid for...

What do you guys think of having a bridal portrait session after the wedding has taken place? Would you just leave well enough alone and be happy with what you got?

TIA

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
Not all of my pictures turned out, specifically of my mom and me, so our photographer took more at a later date. My mom and I dressed up just like the day of the wedding and we were able to take pictures in the same place. I know the pictures are not from the actual day, but they are similar enough that when I have the picture with my mom next to the picture with my dad, it looks good.

Now I didn''t have my hair or makeup done professionally so I really looked similar in both pictures. If you are going to look significantly different in the new pictures then I don''t know what to tell you. But if you and your DH are able to dress up and look similar to what you did the day of the wedding, I think you will be pleased with the results.

Of course you''ll know the pictures weren''t taken on "the day", but maybe you''ll get even better pictures because you''ll be relaxed and won''t have anything else on your mind except getting a good picture. My best friend was disappointed with her bridal portrait, taken on the day of the wedding, because she looked stressed out in the pictures.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
1.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i defintely would retake them. who wouldn''t want to get all dressed up in your fabulous wedding gown & take pictures with their new husband? i agree that it will be much more relaxed. i know it''s not the exact wedding day but it will create another special day of memories.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I agree.
You should retake them. It really couldn''t hurt, and should be fun.

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
I would retake them too...that way you have pictures to look at, even if they aren''t the same day. I know some brides and grooms dress up on another day and do shots elsewhere and plan on doing that from the beginning, maybe you could get your photographer to agree to something like that as well, since he screwed up so badly the first time? Like in a nice garden or something...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results