shape
carat
color
clarity

Add me to the list. please Bee. I''ve got a date and a venue!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
September 21, 2008!

At Garre''s Martinelli center!

Thank you all for helping me make this decision. It was a tough one, but after researching decorating options and negotiating some things with Garre, we are happy with the decision!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Gypsy! I''m so happy for you!!!

What made you decide on the MC?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few things Zoe.

We were concerned about two things at Wente: their service, and their capacity. So I asked the coordinator for a table layout in the space, a drawing to scale on Monday. She said she'd get me one on Thursday, but the basic vibe was that she thought our concerns were ill founded and that there were hundreds of ways to make it work. Well Thursday came along and I got 2 sloppy inpractical diagrams that a two year old with a nickel could have put together in ten minutes. When I asked her if it was to scale, she said that the facility was (as the drawing was on a facility layout diagram that was provided to them), but that the seating wasn't, and that again, she was sure it would work (though I had no evidence to suggest this), and that there were hundreds of configurations with the space. Uh huh. I waited four days for that?

We had several requests for negotiations with Garre, they addressed each concern with a solution promptly were freindly, understanding and helpful.

I changed my 'theme' for the flowers, found an alternative that would work for only a couple of hundred dollars more, and with their help located a linens rental company that is close by and very affordable. So I had to add about 200 to the decorating budget, but I think that if I can find an officiant for 300 and a DJ for 800, it will be a wash.

Oh and Garre has a food tasting with Wente doesn't have. I have no stress for service or capacity. I am the only bride that day. Plus, despite being a vineyard they will allow outside wine and champagne with a very reasonable cockage fee, which made John happy.

And I found a couple of nice bakers for the cake, again, with Garre's help.

Overall, it was the service that made the largest difference. I want as stress free a planning process as possible. This is a celebration. And I felt that Garre was the better vendor to make that happen.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS, Gypsy! It''s a great feeling to have your venue selected, isn''t it?!

One thing- you can certainly have winery elements (grapes, vines, etc...) in your wedding without having it at an actual winery. We were prepared to go this route if we didn''t find a winery for our wedding, but luckily we did!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Charger... you winery wedding picks really inspired me!

As for winery elements... the only nodd to that I am doing is that in the courtyard during the cocktail hour instead of tables they will set up wine barrels for the guests to converge around and on them I am buying glasses (tumblers that look like vases, drinking glasses are much cheaper) I am going to fill with one bunch of green grapes each to hold the stems of the flowers I''m going to be putting in them. So from the side you''ll see submerged green grapes topped with flowers in a small ''vase''. Other than that... the vines and the setting will be speak to the winery elements without my having to hit the guests over the head with them I think!

I am very excited. This decision has got the creative juices flowing.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I am so thrilled for you, Gypsy!! Hooray for a place and a date. Make it your goal that planning is going to be enjoyable and your mantra: if it won''t matter in a year it doesn''t matter now. This truly made planning mine and DH''s wedding a great experience for both of us as opposed to a stressful one. You''ve been through enough, let the fun begin!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, sounds like you made a wise decision. Sounds great! Congratulations!!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
woohoo!! Congrats on getting the venue Gypsy-delighted to add you to the list!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
YAY, Gypsy!! What a relief! I''m so happy for you! I can certainly agree with you re: good service...it truly makes such a difference. A wedding is already a very stressful event...you dont need more aggravation from your vendors, that''s for sure!

Let the planning begin!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray! It''s time for you to finally have some fun with this! Yea!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Love the date, btw...it''s my due date!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
YAY INDEED!!!! I''m almost speechless with joy
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations Layla and John!!
35.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! So happy for you sweetie
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait to follow all the "official" planning progress now.

And you can definitely find a DJ for under 800 - ours was either $400 or $450, although that included a $50 discount for Sunday. But he was fantastic, and you can''t beat the price
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! They let me play with thier contract and everything. SO happy!

Kimberly! I will definitely try to keep it fun! I'm so glad you and a great planning process! It's just so NICE to have that all decided. I feel like it's just MUCH more real now. I'm gonna have to do a thread on all the things I've picked out one of these days!

bee!!! Oh it's so GOOD to see a name and a date up there! Thank you honey! Much appreciated.

Dani, it makes a HUGE difference. I am so much happier an d more relaxed when I think about the staff there helping me with everything. My DOC is familar with the property and the catering managers too, which is really convenient. I'm so HAPPY!

Thank you Jas! That's your DUE DATE? So you're just newly preggers! CONGRATS honey!

Indy... definitely AT LAST! I'm very relieved. Thank you!

Isaku... my friend in the North if you were here I'd give a HUGE hug and a big kiss on the cheek. Thank you for always rooting for me, and for the two of us.
emrose.gif

Thank you both as well Gwen and goldenstar!!!

Amber, Thank you for the well wishes! I'm gonna need a referral for that DJ!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, that''s wonderful and it must be such a weight off your shoulders. I''m envious! It sounds like they''re a first-class kind of place!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 10:51:28 PM
Author: Octavia
Gypsy, that''s wonderful and it must be such a weight off your shoulders. I''m envious! It sounds like they''re a first-class kind of place!
It''s such a lovely feeling! I can''t wait till you have it too! Their customer service is very good, I have to stay on top of things, but not obessively.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, YAYYYYYYYYYYYY! I am beyond thrilled for you at how it''s coming together, and I couldn''t be happier for you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 11:10:09 PM
Author: Allison D.
Gypsy, YAYYYYYYYYYYYY! I am beyond thrilled for you at how it''s coming together, and I couldn''t be happier for you!
ALJ!!! I''m so glad your posting on this board too. I know you said you would be, but I''ve missed you on here! Thank you for the happy sentiments!
36.gif
I''m happy too.
27.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!! That''s so exciting Gypsy, I am so happy for you!!!
1.gif
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 11:40:23 PM
Author: Kaleigh
YAY!!!!! That''s so exciting Gypsy, I am so happy for you!!!
1.gif
36.gif
Thank you Kaleigh!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news Gypsy, whoooo hoooo! I am so happy for you darling
36.gif

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy! I am so happy for you. I am glad that your venue was so easy to work with. It looks like the stars are finally aligning.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yey Gypsy!!!!!!!! Thats really exciting!!!!
36.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS Gypsy! Hooray!

Us Bay area ladies should have a get together one day... invite us all to your wedding shower!
3.gif

Also if you find you do want to splurge more on a DJ one of my friends is a fantastic professional DJ. He''s doing my wedding!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you found a place that you are excited about and is going to work for you! And it sounds like their service is fantastic! Isn''t it such a relief to finally have the date and location locked down?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 3:28:34 PM
Author: Gypsy
Hey Charger... you winery wedding picks really inspired me!

As for winery elements... the only nodd to that I am doing is that in the courtyard during the cocktail hour instead of tables they will set up wine barrels for the guests to converge around and on them I am buying glasses (tumblers that look like vases, drinking glasses are much cheaper) I am going to fill with one bunch of green grapes each to hold the stems of the flowers I''m going to be putting in them. So from the side you''ll see submerged green grapes topped with flowers in a small ''vase''. Other than that... the vines and the setting will be speak to the winery elements without my having to hit the guests over the head with them I think!

I am very excited. This decision has got the creative juices flowing.
Sounds lovely- can''t wait to see the finished creation!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you! It sounds lovely, and the grape idea is perfect. It''s too bad you can''t let Wente know that it was their lousy customer service that drove you away.

Sigh... that''s my inner 4 year old talking.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I really thought the MC was prettier than the Wente anyway. Plus, weren''t they the ones who gave you a choice of when to marry, not just from 10-3?
I think you did the right thing and the need for a little more decorating just gives you an oppertunity to make the venue even more you on that day.
You must feel so much better and I am happy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results