shape
carat
color
clarity

A few new reception possiblities.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to post some pics up of a couple alternate locations we''re looking at for our wedding. We still haven''t heard back from our first choice (they were supposed to let us know by the first or second week in Beb.. and its getting to be the last week in Feb!) So we are looking around somemore..

Here is one of the options.. Its an art gallery. We have been TOLD they do weddings there.. but their website says they don''t..
8.gif
but I think its sooo cool.
One room(my fave

sculpture-crt.jpg

And another cool room
clifton_hall.jpg

Since this isn''t likely going to happen.. Here''s another option. Its just a big office building downtown, but the "courtyard" is so cool.

01.jpg
02.jpg
06.jpg

Isn''t the staircase and the floor really pretty? I just don''t know how I feel about the ceiling. We''re gonna go down there this week to see it in person.. So I can get a better feel for it.

And this is one of the ones I posted in JCJD''s thread.. But I found more pics of it, like set up for an event. I had to do a screen shot as they have a funny way of showing thier pics so ignore the funny grid running through it! Attached

BECHSss1.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
and if its nice out we could do cocktail hour, or even dinner if we wanted outdoors over looking the lake..

bechscomp1.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
One more possible location. This one is where the philharmonic plays

kleinhanscomp1.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
flopkins - Thanks! Now I just have to decide whether I want to wait around to hear from my original choice, or start looking elsewhere.. I think that probably if we told the original place that we were about to book somewhere else if they didn''t let us know, it might get their asses in gear about finding out for us! Hmm. perhaps I just answered my own question!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ummm MS, i love you!!

all of those places look beautiful... i showed my bf and he loves them all too! ahh the one good thing about buffalo- we can have an amazing wedding at a really decent price

i can''t wait to see what you end up doing with your wedding, since you''ll be getting married a year and a few months before us
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
icekid - glad I can give you some ideas! I have a feeling we may end up going somewhere other than sheas.. since I have a decent amout of other possiblities..

The first place is the Albright Knox Gallery (I guess they don''t really do weddings though..)
The second is the Ellicott Square Building
The third is the Historical Society again (I think thats my fav. idea besides sheas so far)
The last is Klienhans Music Hall, which is not QUITE as nice as the other places.. but its nice too!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Soo.. We didn''t get my first choice..(the theatre).. So what do you all think? I think I''m going to go try the Historical Society First (the cool building with the pillars on the lake)..
I also need to go look at the big office building in person..

icekid

Ideal_Rock

oh no.. that''s so disappointing about shea''s! but at least you have lots of great options.

i really like the office building one... i think the staircase is stunning! just imagine the entrance you could make on that one

1.gif
also something to consider about the ceiling is that it will be dark during most of the reception most likely, so i bet it won''t stand out much when it gets dark.

but the historical society building looks amazing too... i love the possiblity of drinks on the lake. it looks so pretty! i also really like how there''s an upper level. it would be such a cool vantage point for pictures and looking at your friends and family enjoying your wedding

i think i''d go with you on this one- the historical society looks so elegant!! i love it... is the price difference big between the historical society and the ellicott sq building?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
and i wonder why albright knox doesn''t do weddings, but they DO other events it seems?? i would absolutely LOVE an art gallery wedding... oh well!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I really love the historical societ building MelissaSue!!!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
You could definitely take amazing outdoor pictures at the Historical Society! It should be excellent for a reception.

Is the Ellicott Square office building private? If you had the reception there, would people be able to look down and see you or walk through your reception? It looks beautiful, but it''s hard to tell by looking at the pictures if your reception would be totally private.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
It looks like we''re going to go with the Historical Society. I looked at all the pictures with my mom and FI and talked it over with them, and we all agreed it was the best choice. It will be beautiful and nice to have the outdoor option.

A knottie told me that the Ellicott Square building is somewhat run down, (I hadn''t been in there in real life, at least not that I can remember, I was doing this all from the pictures).

My father called the historical society exclusive caterer today, and they still have our date open (but I guess there has been other interest in it, so we need to act fast.) I guess they are sending information out to us, but I really just want to go and put a deposit down on it so nobody steals it! Ironically he also found out that the same caterer is catering the bar mitzvah at sheas..

Icekid- this is what the albright knox website says "We welcome parties or events in honor of individuals twenty-one and over.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate weddings and wedding receptions but showers, rehearsal dinners, and post-wedding brunches are welcome. " It would be an AWESOME location though.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
The Historical Society looks beautiful! Very nice with the lake right outside, I''m picturing it being totally perfect for a cocktail hour! I actually work at a historical society and we host tons of weddings and its a similar set up and always beautiful! Just make sure their rules like...they probably don''t allow candles indoors, and stuff like that due to the material inside. You''re lucky you had so many pretty options to choose from. Good luck with the planning!
9.gif
So exciting!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
MelissaSue - the historical society is wonderful. Great photo ops, classic, elegant - you must be so excited!

This is the place we are looking at most closely. It''s Abe Lincoln''s eldest son''s house in VT, called the Hildene House. Rental includes the house, bridal room, terrace, gardens, AND a dance floor with staging for entertainment. I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS PLACE. Unfortunately it''s a touch on the expensive side, so it will depend on FI''s parents falling in love with it too. I couldn''t find any good interior pics unfortunately.

hildene2.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Blue Chica- that location looks so pretty. Do you live in VT? FI and were considering moving there at one point.HIs parents are originally from there and he has a grandfather and an aunt there. Its very pretty there.. but we have decided to stay near our immediate families. I feel like I could never leave my neices and nephew. They are too special to me.
Anyway - I hope your FIs parents love that location as much as you do. Its great!
Our location is a bit expensive too.. but I love it so much.. (and my daddy won''t be able to say no to me.. lol!)

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Nope, we''re both in Boston, but FI''s parents have a vacation house in VT near there. We love visiting, his aunt and uncle also have a house up there, and his brother went to UVM for college, so there''s a strong vermont connection. It''ll be more of a relaxing weekend away if we do it up there than here in Boston (not to mention more bang for your buck).

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Sounds wonderful. And definitely a great way to save some $$.. I''m sure vermont is cheaper than boston.
My FIs parents both went to UVM too and want to move back to vermont at some point in the future.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
It''s truly gorgeous. FI''s parents actually have a very large backyard which slopes down to a pond, so that''s where we''re doing the ceremony. We don''t want to burden them with hosting a reception too though, hence the change in venue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results