shape
carat
color
clarity

5/7 to 5/14 BWW weight loss thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so it''s been a week and the other thread exploded so lets start a new one.

I would like to start this thread with Lorelei''s last words in last week''s thread:

"If there is one thing I would like to say to you all, as many of you know we are great believers in this mantra on the WWT. If you slip off track, you ALWAYS have the option to get back on your healthier path right away. Remember even if you feel you have messed up so badly, just forgive yourself and get right back on track with the next meal/ choice/ decision. After many years of struggling, this approach has worked so well for many of us, myself included. Just keep right on going, you WILL WIN in the end!"

I find this very encouraging.

October... I have been BAD about water. My pledge is to make a concerted effort for this ENTIRE week to drink 6 glasses of water a day. Starting now (full bottle staring at me).

So I mentioned in the other thread that I was going to talk to my therapist about weight loss and some of my issues with it.

And it really helped to talk to her. It was very hard to talk to her about the um... rape. But I did.
And then I talked some more with John about it. And I think I definitely do feel safer overweight. And that''s going to take some work to get over. But thanks to you all at least I know its an issue, whereas before I was in complete denial.
Also, my family can be toxic, and I use weight as a way to get back at them for it. It''s something I can control, that bother the HECK out of them... and I can use it hurt them, because they hurt me.

PLUS, there''s the whole PCOS thing. AND the panic attacks that have been increasing to daily episodes. So my therapist was happy that I was taking baby steps, but felt pretty strongly that I don''t stress myself out any further by pushing myself to do anything I''m not ready for emotionally.

So I''m very happy to have this thread and the support on here. I love hearing the ladies that are taking large steps take them and hear the confidence growing as they do... and I love that others on here are taking smaller steps, going at their own pace.

I know I can handle the water pledge for the week. I''ll keeep watching what I eat, taking my metformin (increased to two a day today) and working through the metal ick of it all.

How are you guys feeling today? Right now, I''m borderline panic attack. And I want a nap. LOL.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Wow Gypsy,
So much going on in your world. Fantastic that you have so many avenues of support.
How is the Metformin going? Keep on keeping on.
lunch is over so I must run, but wanted to send hugs
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi swimmer, thanks so much for stopping in! It''s going okay. I think the control release is more tolerable. And I think I can keep it up, and increase to 3 500 mg next week. Then we''ll see. My short term goal is to get to 3 pills, longer term is to keep it up through the wedding. ((HUGS))) are greatly appreciated and returned!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy! I am so proud of you for talking to your therapist about the things you need to work through (annnd we need to work through). I think it was a smart decision, it sounds like she was helpful. :) I will join you in your water pledge!
35.gif
I am going to try.
40.gif
I am feeling a bit better today. I have a job interview for a summer job so wish me luck.
4.gif
I need something for after my internship ends! I would like to pay for my summer class so it doesn''t take money away from our savings.
5.gif
I''ll update on meals once I actually eat something.
17.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 12:38:27 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Hi Gypsy! I am so proud of you for talking to your therapist about the things you need to work through (annnd we need to work through). I think it was a smart decision, it sounds like she was helpful. :) I will join you in your water pledge!
35.gif
I am going to try.
40.gif
I am feeling a bit better today. I have a job interview for a summer job so wish me luck.
4.gif
I need something for after my internship ends! I would like to pay for my summer class so it doesn''t take money away from our savings.
5.gif
17.gif
MUCH LUCK AND DUST Sarah!!

I haven''t eaten today either. My stomach is feeling a bit uncertain, so I don''t feel like tempting fate.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 12:42:54 PM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 5/7/2008 12:38:27 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

35.gif
I am going to try.
40.gif
4.gif
5.gif
17.gif
MUCH LUCK AND DUST Sarah!!

I haven''t eaten today either. My stomach is feeling a bit uncertain, so I don''t feel like tempting fate.

I know what you mean! I am kind of just now getting hungry. So I am trying to decide which direction to go in. Sigh. I''d say cereal or an apple, but I have a feeling either one is just going to make me feel sicker.

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
I need to take the water pledge too! Do you guys only count plain water? I usually count crystal light since it is 99 percent water. What would Dr Oz say? ;-)

My goals for the week are

to drink 6 bottles of water a day
to be hovering within a pound or two of my "I''m happy weight" for my final fitting on Tuesday
to do more than just run everyday because my body is too accustomed to it and I need to shake it up
to avoid emotional (I have my period) eating. Yesterday and the day before were and emotional eating trainwreck.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No not just water. Clear liquids really. I drink sparkling water and vitamin water... ''regular'' water just will NOT go down.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe joining this thread will help me out a little bit. I have been on a downward spiral of eating shame. I start off doing so well and then just fall apart towards the end of the day. My wedding is 14 months away and I really need to get motivated!I just feel like I sabotage myself
8.gif
I reallly really need some motivation and help.
14.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 1:06:43 PM
Author: AllieLuv83
Maybe joining this thread will help me out a little bit. I have been on a downward spiral of eating shame. I start off doing so well and then just fall apart towards the end of the day. My wedding is 14 months away and I really need to get motivated!I just feel like I sabotage myself
8.gif
14.gif
What''s going on inside you honey? Do you want to talk about it? We''re here if you do. ((HUGS)).

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 1:08:54 PM
Date: 5/7/2008 1:06:43 PM

8.gif
14.gif
What''s going on inside you honey? Do you want to talk about it? We''re here if you do. ((HUGS)).

Ditto!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
So proud of you Gypsy! Dealing with all that you''re dealing with... no wonder you''re having daily panic attacks. It definitely takes baby steps.

My big challenge today is that I''m working from home with my whole kitchen over there to my left. I''ve been managing it pretty well so far today, even took advantage and made scrambled (farm-fresh!) eggs for breakfast with whole wheat toast and honey. The honey helps to jump start my blood sugar so I''m not quite as ravenous and weak in the morning. Also lots of allergy-helping properties as it''s a local wildflower honey, unprocessed.

For lunch I had a ham and lite cheese sandwich on whole grain bread, some sweet gherkins and a pink lady apple. I''m steaming some quinoa right now to go with dinner and will make a salad out of the leftovers to eat for lunch tomorrow. It helps to have some downtime at home... I like quinoa better steamed than boiled, but it takes like an HOUR to do it. I really like to eat healthy... it''s just the time thing that gets in the way... As long as I have time to go to the farmers market and fill my house with healthy yummy food that I actually LIKE, it''s easier to eat healthy. If I have time to cook dinner I won''t order in... but it''s the time that I just can''t seem to get enough of.

I''ve had a few glasses of water today but am feeling a bit dehydrated for some reason so I''m going to join the water challenge today too. I need more than 6 glasses I suppose though since I''m positively parched.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I have just been so stressed out with working full time and going to grad school full time at night, I work in a school system so these past few months have been really challenging in terms of stress level. I just feel in a rut and on top of it all I have been planning a wedding from out of state (I am in delaware and wedding will be in Massachusetts) I just feel like there is so much to do on all three fronts and I don''t think there is enough of me to go around so I have turned to the cupcake. It is so tough that every other day at school there are sweets in the teachers lounge, and it is okay to endulge once in a while but I go over board. I just had two gimundo cupcakes (chocolate and red velvet) sooooooo bad. Thank you for being there for me and allowing me to share my feelings
7.gif
I just feel poopy!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 2:01:14 PM
I have just been so stressed out with working full time and going to grad school full time at night, I work in a school system so these past few months have been really challenging in terms of stress level. I just feel in a rut and on top of it all I have been planning a wedding from out of state (I am in delaware and wedding will be in Massachusetts) I just feel like there is so much to do on all three fronts and I don''t think there is enough of me to go around so I have turned to the cupcake. It is so tough that every other day at school there are sweets in the teachers lounge, and it is okay to endulge once in a while but I go over board. I just had two gimundo cupcakes (chocolate and red velvet) sooooooo bad. Thank you for being there for me and allowing me to share my feelings
7.gif
I just feel poopy!

Aww I am sorry things have been so stressful! Man, it sounds like you are a seriously busy woman! ((Hugs)) Mmm cupcakes.
11.gif
Why don''t you try to take a snack with you so you can avoid the sweets in the lounge? Like an apple or so fruit? Something that is still sweet, but better than a cupcake. Or maybe start with one cupcake every few days or so, set a goal. I know you can avoid the cupcakes!! I need to avoid the chocolate donuts that I bought at the grocery store.
39.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 2:01:14 PM
7.gif
I just feel poopy!
Oh honey its okay. I turn to food when I''m stressed to. Yesterday I was dealing with the "director'' of catering and sales at my venue, expressing my concern over the food quality at the tasting this weekend, and seriously considering switching venues 4.5 months out... AND I did a double take on her last name, cross checked it... and realized that the woman I had been complaining about the food to was... THE HEAD CHEF''s WIFE. There were salsa and chips out. I grabbed a handful of chips and a ton of (homemade) salsa. Yup. Headed right for the first available food.

BUT.. when I got home I made sure that at dinner I had a LOT of salad, and just a little meat. And didn''t snack at all that night. I got the fix I needed. Swallowed any guilt down, and put it out of my mind, and just continued with my eating plan without shame. It''s something I''ve really been working on HARD.

Maybe your baby step could be forgiveness of your little slips? It happens to all of us. I swear. What we all need to understand is that it is OKAY, and to forgive ourselves so that we don''t derail everything.

Post on here when you slip. Post and vent out your frustrations, and yous shame, and just LEAVE IT HERE. Let it go, and we''ll help you with that.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much Sarah...it seems like if it isn''t cupcakes it chocolate and all other mindless munching. Was doing so good, going to the gym 6 times a week feeling better about everything and then I go so sick and missed like two weeks of the gym, well two weeks turned to a month now, I am just paying for that membership in hopes of going back. I am starting fresh as of right now! I am drinking my water and will be eating all my fruits and veggies, as well as all of my dairy servings. This has been a fab place to come and talk to you gals, everyone on the WW website seems a bit hostile lately maybe its a full moon.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 1:29:52 PM
Author: sumbride
So proud of you Gypsy! Dealing with all that you're dealing with... no wonder you're having daily panic attacks. It definitely takes baby steps.

My big challenge today is that I'm working from home with my whole kitchen over there to my left. I've been managing it pretty well so far today, even took advantage and made scrambled (farm-fresh!) eggs for breakfast with whole wheat toast and honey. The honey helps to jump start my blood sugar so I'm not quite as ravenous and weak in the morning. Also lots of allergy-helping properties as it's a local wildflower honey, unprocessed.

For lunch I had a ham and lite cheese sandwich on whole grain bread, some sweet gherkins and a pink lady apple. I'm steaming some quinoa right now to go with dinner and will make a salad out of the leftovers to eat for lunch tomorrow. It helps to have some downtime at home... I like quinoa better steamed than boiled, but it takes like an HOUR to do it. I really like to eat healthy... it's just the time thing that gets in the way... As long as I have time to go to the farmers market and fill my house with healthy yummy food that I actually LIKE, it's easier to eat healthy. If I have time to cook dinner I won't order in... but it's the time that I just can't seem to get enough of.

I've had a few glasses of water today but am feeling a bit dehydrated for some reason so I'm going to join the water challenge today too. I need more than 6 glasses I suppose though since I'm positively parched.

Thank you Sumbride. God your food sounds wonderful. I love stocking the house up healthy too. It really helps. And I do love eating that way. I think you've inspired me to make a trader joes trip tomorrow! You are being SO good what with the kitchen tempting you RIGHT THERE! I'm proud of you! Great job!

I've had about 10oz of water today. Only... (roflmao) 38 ounces to go.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 2:13:11 PM
Thank you so much Sarah...it seems like if it isn''t cupcakes it chocolate and all other mindless munching. Was doing so good, going to the gym 6 times a week feeling better about everything and then I go so sick and missed like two weeks of the gym, well two weeks turned to a month now, I am just paying for that membership in hopes of going back. I am starting fresh as of right now! I am drinking my water and will be eating all my fruits and veggies, as well as all of my dairy servings. This has been a fab place to come and talk to you gals, everyone on the WW website seems a bit hostile lately maybe its a full moon.

Sorry to hear about WW! Hey you''re already a step ahead of me for even going to the gym before you got sick!
4.gif
So, I need to start going to the gym or do something as well. I am so lazy.
24.gif
I''m tired a lot, too. Oh well, sitting around is just too easy! I guess a I need a challenge, woo gym it is! Or at least crunches or something. Maybe some dancing?

Brunch: I had some chicken soup with crackers. Better than nothing! And diet coke. So now the goal is some water! And good lord avoid those donuts, I swear they''re staring at me out their little window in the Merita bag! Wow now I just sound nuts. Haha.
32.gif
Well that''s one way to not want to eat them, give them a personality. Who wants to eat a thing with a personality? Okay it''s time to go play some Mario Kart Wii then go do some studying or something (or more PS) then get dressed and interview, woo!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Well i am guessing they must put some crack in those cupcakes because I swear they are calling my name let again. They are some super expensive $3 a pop cupcakes from a gourmet bakery must resist the red velvet cupcake...............

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Man those sound good, I love cupcakes.
14.gif
Darn I am enabling! I think I hear an apple calling your name!
2.gif
That''s better, haha. I am going to leave now, for real. Haha. Stay strong, Allie!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Gypsy, it took a lot of courage to open up like that to your doctor and to John. It's odd, but when you finally tell someone about something like that, it feels as if a giant elephant has been removed off your shoulders (at least for me it did.)

Good for all those trying to get your water in!! I have found that having larger bottles of water around make it easier to get all the water I need in. Right now I am at about 72 oz or more per day. It doesn't feel like that because I only drink three 24 oz bottles (and they look the same as other bottles!) Also, helpful it to try to drink cooler water. It burns calories to raise water up to body temp. Granted, not the kilo-calories found in food, but calories. Every bit helps though! Approx. 17.5 kilo-calories are burned with every 16 oz of ice water. Multiply that by four and that's 70 extra burned calories per day. That's 490 calories per week. And almost 2000 by month end! Worth every chilly sip!

Sarah, good luck job hunting!

This week, I'm back to lifting. I hope that the lifting will get me some more muscle tone. Tomorrow is six months to the day and I am starting to get a little freaked out by that. I know that many of you are closer, but it's still strange to think of.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gypsy! My sister is having her gallbladder out tomorrow so I''m a bit stressed as this surgery is dangerous in her condition. I''m hoping to not need mine taken out... This will be 2 of the 4 kids without one so far. On the way to the hospital, they''re stopping at a steakhouse for dinner. Hmmm... steak and gallbladder surgery? See a pattern? It''s all I can do to say "NOOOOOOO!!!" but, well, I''m having beef tonight as well.... we''ve got some lean steak cube kabobs from a local farm. Very expensive though, so we only have a little bit. Maybe if we only buy really expensive meat we''ll eat less of it? Quality over quantity? It''s a thought.

I was just flipping through some junkmail and saw a book catalog with a title that intrigued me... "Does this clutter make my butt look fat?" by Peter Walsh. I looked it up on Amazon and it''s about how to clean out your mind and your house and your body all at the same time. I''ve been doing a LOT of decluttering of the house lately and I wonder if that''s why I''m ready to declutter the body? Maybe what makes me hold on to crap I don''t need makes me hold on to pounds I don''t need? Maybe part of the insecurity is all one in the same? Interesting concept. Of course, decluttering the kitchen does make it easier to cook, but is cleaning out our office the key to leading a healthy life? Well... maybe it could quiet the mind a bit and help me be more "in the moment".

During my wedding planning I went through periods of ravenous eating... couldn''t fill myself up, to times when I was so stressed I couldn''t eat... and a bout with pneumonia that had me rapidly losing 20 pounds and then gaining it back on steroids to heal my lungs... and then back into the not eating... I lost a good 30 pounds in the 3 months prior to my wedding, but I didn''t feel good and I didn''t look good. People kept telling me I looked tired and weak and weary. Take care of yourselves now ladies! It is a very stressful and emotional time and even little things like drinking your water will help you look and feel better.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 2:55:28 PM
Thank you GYPSY for starting this thread!
You are welcome, but the thanks really goes to Sarah, everytime I said something about losing weight she said "me too, let be weight loss buddies" so I thought about it and... well, she was right. This is hard by yourself. For everyone apparently.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Hey! Don''t forget I posted a thread a little while back called "Where are all the weight loss threads?"

2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 4:33:57 PM
Author: Courtneylub
Hey! Don''t forget I posted a thread a little while back called ''Where are all the weight loss threads?''

2.gif
And courtney.

Sumbride, I want to respond to your post, but work is calling. Will do that later. I''m sorry to hear about the surgery, but the steakhouse on the WAY to the hospital thing is just flat out funny. Not ha ha funny. "Dear God No" funny... but funny nonetheless.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 4:39:15 PM

Date: 5/7/2008 4:33:57 PM
Author: Courtneylub
Hey! Don''t forget I posted a thread a little while back called ''Where are all the weight loss threads?''

2.gif
And courtney.

Sumbride, I want to respond to your post, but work is calling. Will do that later. I''m sorry to hear about the surgery, but the steakhouse on the WAY to the hospital thing is just flat out funny. Not ha ha funny. ''Dear God No'' funny... but funny nonetheless.
16.gif

Haha

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Good luck on the water challenges ladies. My biggest challenge so far has been getting my butt to the gym! I''ve put it off for hte past 2 days already! Bad, bad, bad! Today. I have to!

Another problem I seem to have is munching throughout the day. I work from home, and while I keep a relatively healthy fridge stocked (no sweets, etc) I do end up opening it when I just need a break from working. Must. Stop. Doing that!!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy: great job talking to the therapist and to John - I know it sounds cliche saying it is the first step, but it kinda is! I''ve been very lucky in my life to not have experienced major trauma, but I''ve had friends go through it, so I know what it is like to be a supporter. I''ve always felt that if by letting my friends talk to me about their issues, I can take a little piece of their burden to make it lighter for them, then it is worth it. Chances are you are a very caring, giving person and probably are the one that your friends (and obviously John) turn to for support. So use them. You''ll start to feel a bit better each time knowing that someone else understand you and is supporting you.

As far as my ''get healthy'' regime is going - well - it isn''t yet. Ugh. Hard to get motivated I know!! I''ve had half a litre of water today. My problem is two-fold. First, water sometimes makes me queasy. Second, I rarely get thirsty!! I''m sure it is that I''m so used to being dehydrated that my body doesn''t signal my brain that I"m dehydrated anymore, but it is hard because I am essentially forcing myself to drink.

Anyways.

Food today:

Breakfast: 1/2 sugar instant oatmeal.
Snack: Granola bar
Lunch: Sushi
Snack: half an icecream sundae from DQ (oops)
Dinner: probably leftovers from last night - chicken, red peppers and mushrooms with orzo.

Not great, I know. I''m working on it though!!! :)

How''s everyone else doing today?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, you''ve been through a lot and I''m glad you''re talking about it with someone you trust. That''s great!

Sumbride -- Do you have time for a little light reading this evening? Um, yeah, sorry about that.

Oh yeah, I wanted to say how yummy that farmer''s market sounds. I love going to them -- in fact, I may go tomorrow after school. I''ve never had quinoa.

Allie, you''re the one who decided on getting married at the Endicott Estate in MA, right? How are plans going?

I have eaten way too many carbs today and sad to say, we''re having spaghetti and chicken sausage tonight for dinner. I had a bagel with light cream cheese for breakfast. For lunch, I had a half of another bagel (they were brought in for us at work). I haven''t had much to drink today but I''ll load up water tonight.

We love Al Fresca brand chicken sausage. I''d say we have it once a week or so. I don''t like regular sausage but this stuff is good. Please tell me it''s okay to have.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results