shape
carat
color
clarity

5/18 to 5/25 BWW Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I think Gypsy is still under the weather so I thought I''d go ahead and start the thread since I am thinking about it. How is everyone doing? Did you meet your goals? Did you have a good weekend? And finally, what are your goals for this week?
4.gif

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi sarah!

I have been missing from these threads lately since I was on vacation (eating a ton at the all-inclusive) but now I am back, settled in and getting more serious about working out/eating right.

Over the last few days, I have focused on stopping eating when I am full and I think I am doing much better than before. It is hard because I love the taste but I don''t need to stuff myself until I feel sick!

In terms of exercise, I know with me I have to take it slow - if I try to do too much in the beginning I get burned out and give up. So far, I have been doing exercise DVDs at home. I am going to try to do at least SOMETHING 5 days of the week. Yesterday I did a lower body workout with squats/lunges and the day before I did a workout on the big ball. Today, I will do a pilates video. When I get back into the swing of things at work, I will start going back to the gym with my work gym buddy! (We usually do classes.)

On a positive note, I went to try on my dress since it just came in. I dont know if anyone remembers but I was nervous because I ordered a smaller size than supposedly my hips were so I was scared it wouldn''t fit. It actually fit great and probably could even stand to be taken in at the waist and hips (definitely at the bust haha). My first fitting for alterations wont be until July. I will post pics of the dress try-on once my MOH emails them to me!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
sunnygirl it sounds like to me you are doing great!!
36.gif
36.gif
That is so exciting that your dress fit! I was in-between sizes and ordered the smaller size, so I am in a similar situation. Let''s hope for the best for me as well! Haha. What are your favorite exercise tapes? I love the ball exercises as well! They are so fun! My goal is to get more hardcore on drinking water. I''ve been doing great otherwise I think, but I need to kick up doing the exercise as well. I''ve been trying to go on a walk every day. I think that helps some!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Morning all! It''s super early I know. Heeey Gwen! How''s everything going with your work? Did you meet your goal before your SO showed up?
5.gif
Bee, how did exams finish up? And Gypsy here''s some get better PS dust!!

To all our other lovely PS ladies any goals for this week? I hope you are feeling well!

My goals: I want to up my water (as usual). And I also want to do some sort of exercise everyday. I think that''s really great! I gained a pound or two back at the beach last week, so I want to lose that for sure. That needs to go! Moreover, it''s time to get to work. My dress should be in in less than 2 months, so it''s time to tone the tummy and arms hardcore. Finally, LSAT practice! That''s an unrelated personal goal.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

I am so SORE! I went to my power yoga class Saturday morning and then spent the rest of the day cleaning my house for an event yesterday, and I felt fine when I woke up on Sunday. Yesterday all I did was finish cleaning and then sat around for a few hours... but today? OWOWOWOW!!! My abs are achy, which is good, I suppose. My thighs are killing me! All the stairs? Up and down. Up and down! But my house is clean and I''ll give my muscles another day off as tonight is trivia night. I did get my power yoga dvd so I can do that at home on Tuesday.

Food has been going well. Another trip to the farmers market... the new thing this week was organic (and pasteurized) skim milk from a local dairy farm. WOW. I mean WOW. Ok, no hormones, no random chemicals, fresh from the farm... tastes so much better! I can overlook the fact that it''s SO expensive! And the glass bottle is returned for deposit so better than a plastic jug.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Wow sum you sound seriously sore, but it means you''re getting some good exercise in doing daily activities and Yoga! And that milk sounds awesome!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been not so good with the eating. Little nibbles all day. I''m really trying to set a goal for myself to not snack. But I work from home so it''s tough. I''m going to try to run with the dog today. It got cold and rainy in Chicago again, boooo.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for starting this up, Sarah!

I have been sicker than a dog with a nasty head cold, but that didn''t keep me from eating. See, I don''t even need to taste the food to shove it down my throat...I still eat!!! Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week, so I completely bombed out on that! I DID try to eat more salad than anything else each day, but let''s face it, I have no self control!

I am doing really well on my water intake...that''s all I drank all weekend except for 3 cocktails on Friday & Saturday nights. I hung out by the pool and guzzled gallons of water both days and am feeling pretty lethargic now...maybe from being so lazy or from trying to avoid my parents...I dunno.

I did pretty good food-wise today, but I worked until 7 PM in my classroom and a bout of munchies attacked me around 5 PM...sadly I inhaled 2 Special K 90 calorie bars and a ton of Goldfish crackers. I keep telling myself that the 2 bars made up for the snacks I didn''t eat throughout the day, and the Goldfish counted as dinner, but I don''t think that''s quite the way it''s supposed to work!

My goal for tomorrow is to get back to the smaller meals at regular intervals and keep guzzling the ice water.

Keep up the great work, everyone!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi I''ve been having the same nibbling issue!
39.gif
Did you get your run in? I know my dog loves walks so we try to do that with her! But she will only go on certain streets and at certain times. Man she''s crazy.

Harleigh I am sorry you''re sick!! Get better PS dust!
7.gif
It sounds like you did really well last week in face of temptation, haha. I want to try to eat a few small meals every day as well. I tend to either snack and not eat very much at all, or not eat and eat two huge meals. So I am going to work on that. Especially since I am on a 9-5 schedule right now.
6.gif
Getting up early..ahhhh!!! I miss sleep.
14.gif
Oh well, welcome to the real world. I am doing decently on my water as well! Well as of yesterday I am. I was horrible over the weekend, but did well yesterday. I am going to try to keep up the work today.

Anyway, good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday only four days left woo! And Monday''s Memorial Day so hopefully that means a day off!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for starting the new thread, Sarah!!

I''m pretty determined lately to stay on track!

I was horribly sick over the weekend with some kind of bug. I had no appetite whatsoever and it''s not completely back yet. Of course I see this as a cool thing because I love love love food usually. I can tell my tummy has shrunk because I get full after a couple of bites. I haven''t worked out since last Monday due to my neck injury and then illness over the weekend. I''d like to get back to swimming tomorrow.

I have 67 days until my wedding!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Achhh, Courtney...I have 63 days to go and still no wedding dress! WILL.NOT.LOSE.MY.MIND!!!

That is my goal for today...now I just need to get through Open House on Thursday night!

Have a great day, ladies!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow you girls are getting so close to your weddings!!! I''m so jealous- wish I didn''t have to wait so long!

I''ve been sick like everyone else
40.gif
I ate lots of mexican food because it was the only thing I could taste.

Now that I am feeling better I am trying to eat better and work out when I can. Buying the Wii was a great idea because I actually get sore from playing it! I think Wii Fit will be good so I am going to get it (not sure if its out yet). I''ve been doing the fluidity bar workout and have been sore for a few days so I can''t really workout until it goes away. I hate that.

Been trying to get my butt into the yoga studio.... I can do the series at home, but never make myself do it!

I''ve been trying to shop for lingerie for my boudior shoot.... YUCK! It''s been aweful! So I am trying to tone up so I can feel more confident going in to that.

I''ve actually lost about 5 lbs these threads started, but of course, not where I wanted to
7.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone! I am sleepy.
24.gif
Anyway, how is everyone doing? I did really well on water yesterday. My breakfast and lunch were not too bad, but we went out to Pf Chang''s for dinner. Woo. That was not so good for me.
40.gif
I''ll get back on track today since we''re going to eat at home.

I have a question (semi-inspired by the Healthy Lifestyle section): What''s everyone''s favorite exercise? Anything unconventional? I get kind of bored with a gym, so I thought this might be fun to ask.

Courtney Wow your wedding is coming up so soon, that''s exciting! I am sorry that you haven''t been able to work out.
14.gif
I''ve been too exhausted, but for me I guess that just might be an excuse. Haha. I have been so tired since I started in internship this week. I am doing mostly the typical intern type things, but I am not used to getting up so early!

Harleigh When does your dress come in? Good luck on the Open House!

Mia Aww Mia I am sorry you''ve been sick, too!
14.gif
As for Wii Fit, my FI called yesterday and they said it will be in our Gamestop today! So I think it''s out! Wooohooo! Bad news for him is, I''m at my parents house....and I have the Wii. He''s over an hour away and will have Wii Fit. Haha! Oh well, we''ll have to try it out this weekend. Hey 5 lbs is 5 lbs! But I think doing the toning you talked about will definitely help put the muscle where you want it.

Gypsy are you feeling better? I hope so! I wasn''t on much yesterday I am kind of out of touch.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Mia, I haven''t played the Wii in a while. I think you''ve just sparked an interest in me to start playing some tennis and boxing again. I was hooked on guitar hero for a while, but that only worked out your fingers!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
I hope that every one gets to feeling better!

This week has been rough enough already and today is leg day at the gym. All those squats.. oy. I get tired thinking about it. I really am loosing focus on what I am eating because of the stress level. Hopefully, after this weekend, all will cool down a bit.

Sarah, my favorite exercise, that I do night and day (literally) are piles. I''ll do them while getting ready for bed and work. It only takes about ten minutes to work your legs very well. I use all feet positions, but two (feet shoulder width apart) really works the inner thighs. It''s nice that my bed footboard is about the same height as a barre. But you don''t need a bar, just put a hand on the wall while you are drying your hair and do a few.. you''ll feel it.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 9:26:44 AM
Author: Courtneylub
Mia, I haven''t played the Wii in a while. I think you''ve just sparked an interest in me to start playing some tennis and boxing again. I was hooked on guitar hero for a while, but that only worked out your fingers!

Ah, you need to get into it! Really wail on that guitar and jump around and such! You can totally rock out on the guitar hero!

I think the Wii Fit is kind of funny... People are waiting in line to buy a board that will allow them to pretend to jump rope? A jump rope is much cheaper! But hey, if they are exercising instead of couch surfing, I guess it''s good. I saw the ads with people doing yoga on it and I''m thinking Why? Why can''t they just do yoga on their rug? but hey, again, if it helps get people active, then ok.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I got my DVD for the YRG (Yoga for Regular Guys/Gals) workout yesterday and I really like it. It has a 20 minute workout and 2 70 minute workouts, so I can really tailor it to my available time and energy. I did the 20 minute workout last night and actually worked up a sweat even though I wasn''t in a heated room like my Saturday classes. I really like it. Now I need to try and get DH interested in it.

He was actually arguing with his very fit friend over the benefits of power yoga... and ironically, neither of them have ever done it or even seen it. Very fit friend thinks that "regular old fashioned exercise" is enough, which I find hilarious because I don''t think you can get more "old fashioned" than yoga and calisthenics! He''s a "treadmill and stairmaster" kind of guy... you know, "old fashioned". ha. Anyway, I find it extra funny because I''m willing to bet he has zero flexibility... he''s been so into bulking up, I bet he couldn''t do half of the postures in the class, or hold them for very long if he can. I''m looking forward to challenging him to it. DH, of course, begged me not to.

I lost another 2 pounds this week, down 12 total, with 8 more to go for "wedding weight" and a lot more to go to goal.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the late reply - I''ve been busy with work and wedding drama, and haven''t been as focused on this as I should be!

I think I''m starting my workout stuff next week - I need to get the membership and commit myself. Luckily, I have a few months off this summer so I will have NO excuses!!

I have not been eating the best, so I really need to step up in that area too - it is hard though because I''ve been getting together with friends so much more etc as we are all doing different things for the summer so we are having dinners etc to say goodbye/celebrate. I *try* to make good choices at the restaurant, but it rarely works. Ugh.

Just. Can''t. Stop. Eating. Pasta.

I love it. Seriously.

Anyhoo - this thread reminds me to drink water. I''m trying!

Thanks to you girls who keep this going! Good work on the 2lbs Sum!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 10:19:59 AM
Author: sumbride

Ah, you need to get into it! Really wail on that guitar and jump around and such! You can totally rock out on the guitar hero!

I think the Wii Fit is kind of funny... People are waiting in line to buy a board that will allow them to pretend to jump rope? A jump rope is much cheaper! But hey, if they are exercising instead of couch surfing, I guess it''s good. I saw the ads with people doing yoga on it and I''m thinking Why? Why can''t they just do yoga on their rug? but hey, again, if it helps get people active, then ok.
You''re right...I need to jump around like a real rockstar. haha I''m kind of burnt out on it though. I will do tennis and boxing tonight...it''s been a while, so it will be fun.

I agree about the Wii Fit...it looks pretty silly to me. Same with it tracking your BMI and such. You can do that on your own with all the websites nowadays.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Can I join in?

I have had 10 animal crackers and 3 cups of black coffee and I am STARVING! lol, any tips for firming arms and minimizing back fat?

What are you ladies planning on for lunch? I was thinking about doing a salad, but that does not sound inticing.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 11:44:47 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Can I join in?

I have had 10 animal crackers and 3 cups of black coffee and I am STARVING! lol, any tips for firming arms and minimizing back fat?

What are you ladies planning on for lunch? I was thinking about doing a salad, but that does not sound inticing.

EAT SOMETHING!!! How about some lean protein to go with a salad, like some chicken or turkey? I''m having a ham sandwich for lunch, with whole grain bread, a dab of canola mayo and an apple. I wish I had a salad to go with it but I cooked all the spinach earlier this week.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 11:44:47 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Can I join in?

Dips for triceps are awesome (if you are around the house and need to add a weight, just throw a huge book or two in your lap - you''ll feel it), pushups and reverse flys for your upper back. I''ve been doing back and side crunces daily for a while, but still can''t get rid of any of the midsection issues.. I think that I need to find my measuring tape to keep track of what I''m doing because I can''t see any improvement.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Sarah- My fav exercise is basketball! I''m not good enough to actually play with anyone, but FI and I go to the court and I run back and forth across the court and shoot. I am terrible shooter, so I basicly throw my whole body into it. It gives me a great full body workout and I''m having fun the whole time. My mind is on making baskets so I forget I am working!

Sumbride- Haha your FI''s friend sounds a lot like my FI! He is super lean and buff and strong, but flexible? NO WAY! I brought him to my Bikram (hot) yoga class and he HATED it! It was funny! And nice revenge! Since he never does any form of cardio (except basketball games at work) and every time I beg him to go running with me, he literally runs circles around me! Its sooo annoying since I have run semi-regularly for years while he sits on the couch! At least I can make it through all the postures in my 90 minute yoga class! Oh, btw! Congrats on 12lbs! That''s great!

Oct2008Bride- mmm...pasta.... I know! I''m sooo with you on that! I''ve been eating really well but every time I go out to eat I order pasta, its just what I do. I can''t help it. I thought about making whole wheat pasta with pesto for dinner tonight, but stopped myself!

Iwannaprettyone- Have you tried tricep dips for your arms? If you don''t know how to do them I can tell you. You can do them on a low table or bench or even on the floor. They tighten the muscles on the back of your arms.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 11:28:09 AM

Date: 5/21/2008 10:19:59 AM
Author: sumbride

You''re right...I need to jump around like a real rockstar. haha I''m kind of burnt out on it though. I will do tennis and boxing tonight...it''s been a while, so it will be fun.

I agree about the Wii Fit...it looks pretty silly to me. Same with it tracking your BMI and such. You can do that on your own with all the websites nowadays.
About the Wii Fit- Oh, I''ll be the first to admit that it is corny! But that stuff really motivates me. I don''t know why. I like seeing my progress on a chart. I know I could make my own chart, but something about the "fancy-shmancy" chart on a big screen really does it for me. I know its weird but I like that kind of stuff. I''ve always been the person that makes a to-do list and then enjoys crossing each thing off. Its like the nikeplus for my ipod. I set goals online and then I run and I really like looking at my stats afterward and getting the little trophy for completing a goal. If I know I have 2 more miles to reach my goal I make myself do it. I could just get out a piece of paper and make goals myself, but it just doesn''t motivate me as much... I know its totally weird! Anyway, before I got the wii, I saw wii fit and I thought "that''s a gimmick!" But after getting so sore from boxing, I realized I could get the same workout from doing tae-bo style punches in the air. But it''s not as fun! Anyway, I''m hoping that I will like it because I will be having fun and working on goals (beating the level) and hopefully I will forget I am working out.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 12:50:54 PM
Author: mia1181

About the Wii Fit- Oh, I''ll be the first to admit that it is corny! But that stuff really motivates me. I don''t know why. I like seeing my progress on a chart. I know I could make my own chart, but something about the ''fancy-shmancy'' chart on a big screen really does it for me. I know its weird but I like that kind of stuff. I''ve always been the person that makes a to-do list and then enjoys crossing each thing off. Its like the nikeplus for my ipod. I set goals online and then I run and I really like looking at my stats afterward and getting the little trophy for completing a goal. If I know I have 2 more miles to reach my goal I make myself do it. I could just get out a piece of paper and make goals myself, but it just doesn''t motivate me as much... I know its totally weird! Anyway, before I got the wii, I saw wii fit and I thought ''that''s a gimmick!'' But after getting so sore from boxing, I realized I could get the same workout from doing tae-bo style punches in the air. But it''s not as fun! Anyway, I''m hoping that I will like it because I will be having fun and working on goals (beating the level) and hopefully I will forget I am working out.

I think it''s cool if it motivates you, and it does seem fun! I am just cracking up about all the news stories and lines over it. I used to put gold stars on my calendar, so really, whatever works... Report back when you get one!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I had tortilla soup at a mexican restaurant for lunch today. It''s delicious. Lots of veggies. I eat around the cheese and tortilla strips. I only had about 4 chips. But here''s the kicker...we ordered a brownie with ice cream. I had a few bites of the ice cream, but not too shabby.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone!

Stephanie: Do you have a link to what piles look like? I don''t think I''ve heard of them before, but they sound interesting!
sumbride: Hehe I think it''s funny too, but I am definitely excited about it! It''ll be fun at least. Sum that is awesome! You are doing so well!
36.gif
36.gif

October: I am sorry you''ve been going through wedding drama.
40.gif
I know what you mean about restaurants. We went out tonight and I ended up eating part of an appetizer, burger, fries, and ice cream. Baaaaaad Sarah!
14.gif
14.gif
Oh well, I am going to try to control myself. Woohoo for the water! I am working on that still today.

Courtney: As for tracking the BMI and stuff on Wii Fit from some articles I''ve read it looks rather less than foolproof.
40.gif
Oh well, right? I''ll just use it for fun and not take its stats seriously. I
30.gif
tortilla soup!!! So good, did it have chicken in it?

iwannaprettyone: Sorry for the late reply, but I had soup and crackers and a few cookies. Not super exciting.

Mia: It motivates me, too! Anything fun keeps me going. I get bored otherwise.

Anyway, aside from my horrible dinner, I did decently today. I am going to try to drink some more water before bed. I''ve only had 3 glasses today. Bad me!
14.gif
14.gif
I''ve been feeling so down on myself lately. I am trying to stay motivated I really want to lose this weight! I am worried about FI, too. He seems to be gaining more especially now that I am not there to keep him eating right.
38.gif
I don''t want him to end up looking like me. Not because I care about his looks, I just know how uncomfortable it is and I worry about his health. I guess I need to worry more about my own health or at least do something about it. Anyway, that''s my debbie-downer moment of the week. I am going to go talk to FI on the phone some more and try to actually get some sleep this week. I was up until 2 playing Mario Kart last night when I had to get up at 7.
11.gif
31.gif
My Grandmother always said I''d have to cut out my late nights when I had a 9-5...guess she''s right.
12.gif
Thanks everyone for staying involved and keeping each other motivated! I hope it doesn''t sound selfish, but I know it really helps me anyway. I may have only had 3 glasses of water so far, but about a month ago it would not be uncommon for me to have 0. So that''s a big deal if you get my drift and wanting to stay positive and on my water goal set here definitely has contributed thus far.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I am just getting home from work, so I will keep this short.

Hi Sarah...I actually just called about my dress this morning and am in near panic mode now...they now are saying that it isn''t even expected to be shipped to Pearl''s Place until the 2nd or 3rd week of June. I reminded them that it was supposed to be to ME by then, and she went on and on about how I shouldn''t worry, etc..., but I don''t know how she can say that. She said she''d check on it for me, but I of course never heard anything back. I really don''t know what I''m going to do about THAT!
39.gif

As for eating today, I had a Special K bar for breakfast, an orange juice and fruit for a snack, a plain bagel w/cream cheese and more fruit and another orange juice for lunch and half of a cranberry scone. I had another special K protein bar as a snack around 3:30 and then a sesame seed bagel w/cream cheese for dinner around 6:30 in between changing my bulletin boards. We had a continental breakfast in the staff room today and I just had no control. I did drink gallons of water today and am still going strong. Still can''t breathe, though, and being at work for over 13 hours today has given me one helluva headache!

And yahoo blew my Am. Idol news before I could even watch it! I think I may just go to bed!
32.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Wow Harleigh you had a rough and long day!
39.gif
I am sorry! ((Hugs)) That is so frustrating about your dress. Maybe if you keep calling they will work something out! I mean that''s ridiculous.
8.gif
I think getting some sleep will help. Just try to relax and not think about wedding stuff for a while I suppose. If that''s possible..
12.gif
. I feel like I dream about things like BM dresses, invitations, and colors sometimes.
20.gif
Haha. Night everyone!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sarah,

Sleep? What's that? I don't seem to get much sleep these days! Tomorrow will be even longer, unfortunately...probably won't get home until after 9 PM tomorrow night, but then it's all free-sailing after Open House...I can't wait!

I did get a lot accomplished for Maui tonight, so that made me feel pretty good! Off to bed with my bad self now!
9.gif

P.S. Thanks for the hugs & well wishes...I am trying to think positive!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results