shape
carat
color
clarity

06/15 to 06/22 BWW Weight Loss Thread

false
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, I didn''t see a new thread. Sorry if there is one and I missed it, if so please just delete this one!
35.gif
My brain is a bit fried right now. I took the LSAT today, and I think it went well. So I am cautiously super excited!
36.gif
36.gif
If that''s possible. Hehe.

How was everyone''s weekend and how is the beginning of the week going? I am going to go catch up on some PS and get some sleep!
4.gif
24.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Sarah! My weekend was great! I was in NYC for a pre wedding girls weekend so that was really fun! Did a lot of walking and not as much eating as I expected so that was great. I tried on my wedding dress at the Reem Acra salon for my family so that was a nice treat!!

I took today off because flying home was an ordeal and the flight was cancelled so I only slept about 4 hours and got home today instead, but I''ll be back at the gym tomorrow!

How is everyone else?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hey October!! Sounds like the weekend went really well, that''s awesome. I love a good weekend! Sorry the flight was less than simple, but hey at least you''re home now, right? Did you eat any fun/yummy stuff?

Breakfast: Yum!! Cereal and a donut, woohoo carb-land. And water. Trying to cut my soda today! I am soooooo tired oh my God.
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
I should probably take the day off today, but it''s my last 4 days of my internship, so nope nope. Off to work I go, let''s hope I can stay awake.
40.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Sarah!!!!!!!!! I am sure you did FABULOUSLY on the LSAT!!!! I meant to come in and cheer you on because I knew it was this weekend but I forgot since I was visiting J!!! I am so happy that you feel good about it!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

As for food, I am not even going to comment on what I ate when I was with J. I was terrible, not a single salad! Oh, it was bad, I was very naughty. But now it''s done and I''m going to get back on track! Or at least that''s the plan, anyway.
1.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Gwen!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Did your submission date get moved..up?!!?!
23.gif
6.gif
6.gif
That''s crazy, unless you moved it on purpose, and if you did that..why?! Hey, is it because you''re way ahead of schedule? That would be great news, you''ve worked so hard! Glad to see you had a good weekend with J, that''s always good! Haha, don''t worry my weekend was horrrrible food-wise. It even included fondue..which meant cheese, chocolate, and way too much food. Yeah I had one salad all right, but it was covered in shredded cheese and dressing.
11.gif
I am getting back on track today hopefully, at least somewhat back on track!
36.gif
All right I am off for now.
35.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone!

Well work has been incredibly stressful lately and unfortunately I don''t seem to have time to post let alone read on PS
face24.gif

Without getting into too many details, I am a nanny and my bosses are starting the process of getting a divorce. It''s been pretty rough.

Anyway I am definitely starting to bring the work issues home. And whenever I get like this it means one thing.... EAT! I start to munch to get the nervous energy out. So no my eating hasn''t been very good at all. Last night I literally had chips and ho-ho''s for dinner! Yes... Ho-ho''s! I got a craving for them suddenly and had to buy some.

At least I have better news as far as exercise goes...

I started my C25K last weekend and got an amazing workout without ever wanting to quit. I''m still sore today so I need to rest a little before I can run again.

Sara- The wii fit has been so awesome for me! I love it! I agree that the Wii Fit Age is not really accurate mine has been all over the place. My weight is always about 1lb.or 2 less than my actual weight which is annoying. My floors are carpeted and even with the foot extensions I can''t get it accurate. Oh well, its just mostly annoying. The whole BMI system is not really accurate either, as it fails to take into account the weight of muscle. My fiancee is 6'' and 175 and is very lean but has a lot of muscle. The wii fit makes him look a lot chubbier than he is. But I just take it all with a grain of salt. Like you, I put more weight on my left side. I thought it was because I am left-handed. I know how to stand on the board so that I am balanced, but that''s not how I usually stand. I have notcied I walk with all my weight on my heels so I do try to place my weight evenly across my feet when walking. Do you were sneakers when running on wii fit? I''ve only tried it once and it was really fun but my joints aren''t so great and it felt like I could injure my ankles or get chin splints. So maybe next time I''ll try it with shoes.

Anyway..... my goals for the rest of the week are to not eat myself to death and stretch every night until the soreness wears off and then get back out there and run.

I do have a question for any runners..... When you jog is it rude not to smile or say hi to everyone you pass while running? I run on a huge loop at a nature preserve and there are often other walkers and runners. Honestly, I''m in my zone when running and just want to pay attention to not falling, but I feel like I should say hi or at least smile. What do you do?

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Well, I walked a lot today...but I walked to the bar :) I had a 34 oz beer, a vodka 7up, and fish and chips. Not so healthy. Did get the exercise in.

I''m really excited about the walking thing and that my team is so into it, but we ALWAYS walk to food or the bar...so it sort of defeats the purpose.

I saw my mom this weekend, and had the dreaded "when are you going to start looking at dresses"/"you are going to lose weight before the wedding right"? conversation...blah!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Mia: It sounds like you are doing great!! Hmm..you know that''s a good idea about sneakers when doing Wii running. I didn''t do that last time, but I noticed it was hard on my feet by the end. So next time I''ll definitely wear them, haha. I am silly sometimes. I guess I didn''t think about it since I was in my PJs. That''s funny that it makes your FI chubbier! I bet it drives him nuts, lol. It makes my FI look just about right, which is hilarious because he was like..ummmm..that''s me? And I was like..yes, that''s what your tum looks like now.
28.gif
27.gif
That''ll give him motivation to lose weight, haha. Yeah I don''t think I''ll ever get the balance thing right, but we''ll see. I''ve also noticed I get better at the balance games, but is it because I have better balance or I just learned the games? My guess is I just learned the games.
12.gif
That''s a good question to the runners, by the way, I hadn''t thought of it.

mjso: The Mom conversation sounds..well..it sounds not fun.
14.gif
How long is it before your wedding date? Haha your team sounds like my FI, he tried to convince himself (and me) that whenever he walked to get a huge slice of pizza it was okay since he walked for it. Hehe. What kind of team are you on? Sounds like you had fun! :)

Soo Mia reminded me I am supposed to be setting goals. So my goals for this week are more water than diet soda and to eat a bit better than last week; e.g. out to lunch only 2 days. Hope everyone is doing well on Wednesday!
4.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Greetings from bronchitis-land.
7.gif
I got sick over the weekend and am working from home today only because I don''t want to use up all my vacation time... it''s my first day out of bed since Saturday morning. I guess the upside is my appetite tanked, the fever ramped up my metabolism, and I''ve lost 3 lbs. ha. Not the best weight loss method, I assure you.

mjso- the mom weight-loss dress shopping thing just totally bites. I''m sorry you''re going through that now. My mom started that on me and I just said to her "this is who I am now and the dress I buy has to fit THIS body and I don''t want to hear it". She kept her mouth shut, but I could kind of see it in her eyes. It hurt. But don''t let that keep you from finding just the right dress for you. You will be a beautiful bride and nothing needs to stand in the way of that.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
sumbride - hope you feel better. That stinks! Except the part about having no appetite. There''s the silver lining I suppose.

mjso - that''s not a pleasant thing to hear, I''m sure. You will be a beautiful bride no matter what and your mom should know this.

mia - I don''t think it''s rude to not say hi or wave at all. If it were crowded can you imagine saying "hi. hi. hi. hi." as each person passes by?
9.gif
I say stay in your zone and if you happen to make eye contact with someone, a little smile is fine.

Sarah - thanks for keeping this thread going! I haven''t been great about keeping up with it, but I''m trying!

38 days till wedding, ladies!! I woke up with back pain monday morning, so I haven''t been able to start my workout plan. I''m wanting to wake up 30 minutes earlier than normal and do my dvd workout. I will continue swimming laps at lunch 3 or 4 days a week also. I got some good salad makings at the store and will try to consume that for dinner before it all expires!

Keep up the hard work, everyone!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

I went for a run on Monday. I didn''t run the whole way, but definitely went a lot further than I normally do. About 3.3 miles or about a 5K. My FI went on a 6 mile run, but he''s a big runner. Our goal is to work out for 10 of the next 14 days. Ambitious, yes. We missed yesterday because of some errands so we''ll have to make it up this weekend. Blech, I hate working out on the weekend.

We''re going out of town from Thurs - Sun and then from Fri-Sun the following week. Any suggestions for working out when traveling? This weekend we''ll be staying with his folks. Next weekend hotel (for a wedding).

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I ended up taking the day off... too sick to think. Finally got myself to the dr. and it''s a sinus infection, not bronchitis. whew! so I''m on antibiotics.
14.gif
blech. and I have another day off via dr''s note. bye bye vacation time.
20.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sum: Please feel better!!
14.gif
I''ve had bronchitis and it''s nasty feeling. So here''s some hugs, PS dust, and chicken soup (if you like it)...hmmm maybe in the interest of health I should do veggie soup..anyway, please rest up and get better!
4.gif
35.gif

Courtney: No problem!!
4.gif
Wooow, we are in wedding-count-down-mode! Woohooo! So exciting, are you excited? Man eating the salad before it expires can be hard for me sometimes, and if it goes bad I feel soooo guilty. It''s so hard for me to buy salad since FI doesn''t eat it. [
7.gif
:]

lliang_chi: If the folks are in a neighborhood I''d suggest running around there. It can be really fun! As for the hotel, I bet they have a pool and equipment. Swimming, woohoo!

I am off for the day. Sorry I am a bit quiet, I just feel blegh.
40.gif
Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I have been rather ''bleh'' lately as well. I''m almost out of money (literally have £18 left at the moment to tide me over until mid-July!) so my diet is suffering from way too much soup and pasta (since it''s cheap). It makes me feel gross, but there isn''t much I can do about it until my pay from the library comes in.

I have been doing a lot of walking, though, so that''s maybe fighting off the evil pasta? I dunno.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I just completed the dvd workout (1st time) that akmiss suggested.

I feel like I''m gonna puke. I never knew you could sweat like that in 20 minutes. My legs feel like 50 lbs of jello each and I know I will be unable to walk tomorrow.

I miss swimming.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Gwen: Hope you're feeling less bleh today! I am not.
14.gif
38.gif
I am sorry your money is running so low. I sure hope your check comes in soon! Mine..is all messed up..so I am going to try to figure that out today.

Courtney: I hope you feel better!
4.gif

ETA: Sorry I am so distracted, trying to work the check thing out! Well, now I'm off to work. sigh.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Sarah. I feel good today, but SORE. I know it will get worse as the day progresses too since I did it yesterday afternoon. I feel tight in all the right places, so at least I know this dvd is doing what it''s supposed to.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
BOY OH BOY have i gotten in some exercise in the past week! my best friend moved, so i''ve been toting boxes up and down stairs, did so much squatting whilst packing that i now own a pair of crotchless blue jeans (does anyone else have that issue with jeans that have stretch in them where the thighs get a tiny little hole that turns into a "where did my jeans go?!" situation, or does the cheese stand alone?). as for eating...heh...well, i did really well until yesterday. somehow yesterday...i forgot to eat ANYTHING until 6 pm, at which point, i had a small slice of pizza, most of which i wound up feeding to my best friend''s new dog (CUTE little critter!)...so, come midnight, i was STARVING. i wound up giving my FI a lecture on how taco bell could be healthy because a taco has lettuce--that''s a vegetable--and a corn tortilla gives you a grain, and there''s plenty of dairy! i''m not kidding is the sad part! the poor man left at 1 am to go to taco bell and feed my hips! that was also the first soft drink i have had in weeks, the exception being the occasional captain and coke at the bar, and i''ve cut back on those significantly, too. i''ve had a small container of fat-free yogurt for breakfast every day, well, except for yesterday, and i''ve been cooking dinner (they''ve been healthy, so i''m proud of that, but my main point of YAY on this one is that i haven''t set anything on fire this week...this deserves SERIOUS applause!).

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 11:01:47 AM
Author: doodle
BOY OH BOY have i gotten in some exercise in the past week! my best friend moved, so i''ve been toting boxes up and down stairs, did so much squatting whilst packing that i now own a pair of crotchless blue jeans (does anyone else have that issue with jeans that have stretch in them where the thighs get a tiny little hole that turns into a ''where did my jeans go?!'' situation, or does the cheese stand alone?). as for eating...heh...well, i did really well until yesterday. somehow yesterday...i forgot to eat ANYTHING until 6 pm, at which point, i had a small slice of pizza, most of which i wound up feeding to my best friend''s new dog (CUTE little critter!)...so, come midnight, i was STARVING. i wound up giving my FI a lecture on how taco bell could be healthy because a taco has lettuce--that''s a vegetable--and a corn tortilla gives you a grain, and there''s plenty of dairy! i''m not kidding is the sad part! the poor man left at 1 am to go to taco bell and feed my hips! that was also the first soft drink i have had in weeks, the exception being the occasional captain and coke at the bar, and i''ve cut back on those significantly, too. i''ve had a small container of fat-free yogurt for breakfast every day, well, except for yesterday, and i''ve been cooking dinner (they''ve been healthy, so i''m proud of that, but my main point of YAY on this one is that i haven''t set anything on fire this week...this deserves SERIOUS applause!).
I''m not a bride but I am just trying to get more fit over the summer so I thought I''d chime in, hope you don''t mind! Doodle - YES! After awhile, maybe a year or so, my jeans start to get worn in "The Region" and I throw them out because I don''t want a hole/rip to happen when I''m out in public! I''m not an exercise nut (although I wish I could be) but I''ve been eating healthier and running on the treadmill every other day...I have a muscular build so I think I''ll eventually have to get some sort of fat calculator instead of just going by how much actual weight I lose. I hate lifting weights because I have to do so many low resistance reps (to prevent MORE muscle from forming) but I really should use you guys for motivation there. I couldn''t imagine having to lose weight on any type of timeframe for a wedding...I really admire you girls!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 11:21:13 PM
Author:SarahLovesJS
Hi everyone, I didn''t see a new thread. Sorry if there is one and I missed it, if so please just delete this one!
35.gif
My brain is a bit fried right now. I took the LSAT today, and I think it went well. So I am cautiously super excited!
36.gif
36.gif
If that''s possible. Hehe.

How was everyone''s weekend and how is the beginning of the week going? I am going to go catch up on some PS and get some sleep!
4.gif
24.gif
How was the LSAT Sarah? The good thing about it is you get your grades pretty quickly. I remember leaving the classroom feeling like my mind had just run a marathon at a sprint pace!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Hey doodle, sub beans for the beef, add tomatos, and you got yourself a healthy meal from Taco Bell.

HAHA - That''s my story and I''m stickin to it!

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support everyone, about the Mom convo. I''m pretty much used to it, my mom has always been this way. Even when I was a size zero, I got comments either "You look like an ethiopian, eat something" or the next day "Are you sure you want to wear that, it makes you look bigger than you are" or whatever else she felt like saying. I know she doesn''t mean it maliciously, she is just very honest and thinks she''s "helping me out". But seriously, I''m not blind or stupid, I''m capable of seeing in the mirror that size 10-12 does not = size 0-4, I don''t need someone to tell me in order to realize this.

Sarah, I''m on a walking team. Basically we are in groups for the "competitiion" and they call them teams. Our walking team walked again yesterday, to the bar again...
7.gif
I only had 1 beer and some soup, so it wasn''t as bad as it could have been. And for lunch I had a salad wrap, which could have been healthier, but was a decent choice. I was really excited about the walking team, but I think I''m actually working out less now!! I''ve become better friends with some coworkers on my team, so we go out after work a lot, which is when I used to go to the gym. I need to get back on track of going to the gym at least 3 times a week. It will help me and the team.

Just started seriously thinking about taking the GRE. Does anyone happen to know how long you have to be out of college before you can use professional references to get in to grad school insead of educational references? I feel like none of my professors would remember me and it would be awkward to go back now (I graduated college in Dec 2003) and ask for letters of recommendation...

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say I am around everyone, and I will post responses tomorrow! I am not feeling so well, so I am going to go lie down.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 10:51:00 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Just wanted to say I am around everyone, and I will post responses tomorrow! I am not feeling so well, so I am going to go lie down.
Hope you are feeling better today, darlin''. *hugs*

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 7:16:13 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Date: 6/20/2008 10:51:00 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Hope you are feeling better today, darlin''. *hugs*

Thanks Gwen!! I am a bit, but I woke up with a splitting headache. I was like uhh is this a hangover..no I only had one drink. I took some medicine so my head is feeling a bit better. Now I need to go get some food, but I will be back later! Bye for now!
5.gif

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I thought I was doing pretty good, but some woman thought I was pregnant today!

I gained a bunch of weight (40 pounds!) at a tremendously stressful job that I was stuck in for the past few years and it is angry, vengeful fat that will not come off. . . I feel like I have been working very hard and just haven''t seen much in the way of results - but FI says I''m looking thinner and we went to the gym this morning so I was feeling pretty good until this woman totally thought I was pregnant and rubbed my stomach! Stupid empire waist dress.
39.gif
I am traumatized.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God buttercup, you do NOT look pregnant in that dress in my opinion. Now I could see that if doesn''t hang right from the side that it might look that way, but still that woman (hopefully she wasn''t a close friend or something) was kind of rude in my opinion. If you''re not SURE someone is pregnant (aka huge pregnant stomach) then it''s probably best NOT to assume they are! So many girls even tiny skinny girls look pregnant nowadays due to empire waists, so I never assume people are pregnant. Honestly, I really think it was rude and pretty presumptuous, but that''s just me. Don''t be traumatized, I think the dress is cute!
4.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Courtney: I am glad you were feeling better and that the DVD is working, woohoo! I love being able to work out without leaving the house, that always rocks.

Doodle: Yes, that totally happens to me as well!! It''s always so disappointing, too. It''s always my favorite pair of jeans that fit the best. Wow, it sounds like overall you''ve been doing really great with your cooked-at-home dinners! Mm..I tend to cook desserts at home, too. Which is not good usually since I eat more after I cook more.
31.gif

Anna: Of course we don''t mind, the more the merrier! The LSAT went great (at least I think it did). That''s true about the scores! At first I felt like it would be forever, but now it''s only a little over 2 weeks until score day! So yaaay! That''s also the day I start a new job. Could I add anymore stress to one day? Jeeze! Anyway, let''s hope I did well enough I really don''t want to have to pay for it and take it again. So much hassle and work as you know!

mjso: Mjso, you know what I say? It does sound like your Mom is trying to help, but of course not helping at all. But I feel like anyone who is healthy at a size 10-12, looks great! If you''re healthy and comfortable, then what''s wrong with it? Now, if you''re a smaller person and that''s not your ideal size and you want to lose, then go for it! But see for me..I am 5''9" medium build..so a 10-12 would be AWESOME. I don''t know what it''s like to be a 10-12 because the last time I was I was probably in middle school. But if you''re a smaller build and on the shorter side, then 10-12 may be a bit larger than you''d like. It sounds like you have your perspective straight, but just remember it''s about being healthy and being you. The you that you want to be, not the you that someone else (even your Mom) wants you to be. I am sorry the walking team isn''t working out so great, it''s awesome to meet people, but not so good that it''s getting in the way of exercising!! As for pro references, I think you''ve been out long enough personally. Anything after about 3-4 years is long enough to build up work experience and references that should be sufficient for grad school. Good luck on the GRE!
4.gif

Gwen: I went shopping today in spite of feeling kind of sickly and it may have helped a bit! I feel like I got out some and it makes me so happy. I was just craaaaaving retail therapy, does that make sense? Haha. I am a bit sad because my internship is over and I was having so much fun. It ended so soon it seems.
7.gif
Got more wedding stuff and two new dresses and my first credit card! Woohoo! I promise, I won''t run it up too far. I am going to pay most of it off when it comes in, but keep some to build some credit. So exciting!

Buttercup: And again..you don''t look pregnant in that dress. Silly woman that thought/said that!
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results