shape
carat
color
clarity

06/08 to 06/15 BWW Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hello all! I know I''ve been MIA lately and again I am sorry. I didn''t see another thread, so I thought I''d go ahead and start it since it''s Sunday. How did everyone''s weekend go? I personally have been super stressed, but making it through. I think I may have caught something because I feel rather tired. FI and my family are being supportive which definitely helps. Anyway, enough of Debbie Downer my goals for this week are to super jump-start my water and get back into exercise. I''ve been not doing much since it has been so hot here (heat advisories every day this weekend) and it will again be hot tomorrow. But I will try to something inside if I have to. It''s better than nothing!
3.gif
Bye for now all and I hope planning, exercising, and eating is going well!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I''ve been a bad girl and didn''t participate since the first week.
38.gif

Here''s my update!

I did what I said I was going to do and cut out the slim fast.
Also, FI and I have gotten into a new routine. First, we decided to actually GO to the gym (we both have had a membership for a while, but also had a ton of excuses not to go). Our new routing is 45 minutes to an hour of cardio, and then we slim some laps in the pool. We went 4 times last week, and we went tonight too.
9.gif

But actually, I don''t know if I''d call what we do cardio. He usually gets on the bike or elliptical, and I walk briskly on the treadmill (about 3.5 mph).

With my wedding being in 17 days, it may be too little too late, but at least I''m doing something, ya know?

And I can''t tell you how great it feels!

Sorry you aren''t feeling well Sarah! I hope you feel better soon.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Like luckystar, I ''said'' I was going to start up a diet and exercise plan on week #1, but had a bit of a family crisis....FI''s grandma passed away, so we have had a lot of emotional highs and lows lately with little to no motivation! I haven''t been to the gym now in a little over 2 weeks and feel sort of sluggish myself. I realized I have 6 weeks until my wedding/honeymoon and 3 weeks until my first dress fitting. I would love to lose 10 pounds, but would be satisfied with toning up my arms and shoulders for my strapless dress! I am going to do my best to recommit to the BWW weight loss thread from now on!!!!!
1.gif

BTW, Sarah - Do you have allergies? I am either getting bad allergies or getting a cold, but I felt yucky/stuffy all weekend...I even sneezed like 5 times during my hair trial and almost made my stylist burn me with her curling iron! Maybe the heat is making allergy season a little bit worse. I am now taking some Airborne to try to nip this thing in the bud to make it through work this week!
20.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Lucky: That is awesome that you and FI are working out together, that is such a great way to keep things going!

Laura: Laura I am so sorry about your FI''s Grandma. That is so hard especially around times like weddings. We are here for you always! And yes, I totally do have allergies. I ran out of Mucinex and that was part of the problem, but FI took me and bought some more today, yaay! My mucinex and claritin combo are essential to keeping my nose and the fluid in my ears in check. Otherwise I end up feeling out of it (like I did yesterday and today) and dizzy. Lordy glad the stylist didn''t burn you with the curling iron! I''ve burned myself more than once with a flat iron, that always hurts. I actually had a scar on my arm for a while, crazy right? Anyway, hopefully our allergies will get better soon.
19.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
UGH. What''s up with all my typos lately?

Perhaps "slim" was a freudian slip?

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hey girls!

So my weekend started out well as I went to the gym for the first time!! I had a headache (the kind that when your heart rate goes up, it pounds even worse) so it wasn''t super intense, but I went and did about 40 minutes of cardio and some weights. I don''t know how to use all the machines so I did maybe 6 of the 9 on the weight circuit. I have my orientation tomorrow so I will be good after that.

Sad news is that we had to put my dog down yesterday. It was horrible. He was an old boy, but it didn''t make it any easier. I met my family at the clinic and just held on to him while we said goodbye. It was truly the saddest experience I''ve had since my grandfather passed away. Ugh. I don''t know if I could ever get used to this.

The hardest part was just saying goodbye and leaving him there. It took a lot not to just turn around and grab him to take him home. I wanted to shake him to wake him up.

Sorry for the threadjack - it''s been a hard day and I can''t really talk about it at work.

That was my weekend. Say a little prayer for my dog please. He''s in a better place (or at least isn''t suffering).

I''m going to try to go to the gym to take my mind of things tonight. I''ll check in tomorrow to let you know how it goes.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
October: Oh my God I am so sorry!
38.gif
39.gif
I lost my dear puppy that I grew up with about 5 years ago now and it was the same way for me. It was so hard seeing her go. We got a new puppy not to replace her, but because we couldn''t handle a silent house. It was miserable. Anyway, again I am so sorry, I will pray for your puppy and for you.
7.gif
((Huge Hugs))

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone and good morning. I hope you''re all doing well! Any good food or exercise stories? Is it hot there like it is here? God it''s hot here.
20.gif
I now need to create a heat plan just in case this happens next year for the wedding, didn''t even consider that, but it''s rude to ask people to sit outside at (feels like) 108 degrees. I don''t think we have any particularly susceptible to heat people coming (other than me ugh), but I think we need to plan for it just in case.

Anyway, I am ready to start toning my arms!! I don''t have a gym for the next couple of weeks, so what are the best arm exercises?
1.gif

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Im in Houston and it''s hot as hell here!

I swam laps 5 days last week and tried to eat healthy. I did have some junk over the weekend, but limited the portions. FI''s sister and her kids were in town so that meant pizza, ice cream, waffles, etc. I had thin crust tomato pizza, frozen yogurt, and a quarter of a waffle.

I can tell I''m hormonal this week so I feel bloated and yucky, but the scale is still being kind to me. I tried on bathing suits at Target last night and wasn''t too pleased with what I saw. Can I blame the mirrors?

I have 2 weeks until my first alterations appointments, so it''s crunch time! After that, I will have one month until the wedding! Goodness gracious.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the support Sarah - I am still really having a tough time with it. FI and I went to go see Sex and the City last night to take my mind off it - and that movie was STILL a cryfest for me.

I DID go to the gym last night though! I did about 40 minutes of cardio (which is sooo new to me) and some leg weights. I still have the hardest time with my arms (I have something like ZERO strength in my arms) but my orientation is tonight so hopefully the instructor will show me how to use the arm machines/weights etc.

I also saw some women taking a ''bodyjam'' class and that looked like fun, so I might try it.

This weekend will be a HUGE write-off though as my mom, my god mother, me, my sister and my best friend are going to NYC for a pre-wedding girls weekend!! I can''t wait! It will be super fun AND we are going to the Reem Acra flagship salon to try on my dress (my godmother and best friend haven''t seen it yet!).

How is everyone else today?

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Can I join in?

I''ve been terrible, but I really want to slim down for my wedding in October (and the honeymoon!). . . Actually, it''s not really optional anymore - since I was in between, I ordered the smaller size of my dress!

Also, I decided that I want to do boudoir pics as a wedding gift for FI - and I do NOT have the body right now!
23.gif

I have been really good about going to the gym every Wednesday (circuit training), but I am not as consistent with my Monday and Friday cardio sessions. . .or with eating well! I need to cut out all the yummy food that''s so bad for me.
38.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry October! I hope you are finding some peace.

I had a rough weekend. We went to DH''s family reunion. It was mostly just the cousins, but it was still emotional because I only know a few of them, and honestly? I was BORED OUT OF MY MIND. They rented a house and wanted everybody to stay there but I knew that I just wasn''t going to be able to handle ALL that together time (with 20 people!!!) so I booked us in a B&B about 7 miles away. Which ended up being 7 miles straight up a mountain!!! So 30 minutes or so away!! And it was DARK so since I volunteered to be the DD, I couldn''t even have a glass of wine to chill me out. That road scared me so much!

In the end, that was better for calories since we were eating bad food and no veggies. It''s funny... they were all talking about stomach issues that run in the family and I was just disgusted by it, and then later I said to DH "maybe if they ate some actual vegetables and FIBER they wouldn''t have all those problems!!!" he just laughed. Dinner was ribs, chicken and macaroni and cheese. Yeah. Lots of veggies there! Maybe the tomatoes in the bbq sauce?? Anyway, combine all that with the yummy food at the B&B and I gained 2 pounds this weekend. Oh well. I did my best... took my yoga mat and dvd and did yoga on Sunday morning. And since it was about 105 degrees all weekend, I sweat buckets.

Today is my birthday and I took the day off. Woke up late, did some yoga, and now I''m getting ready to go the Red Door spa (have a gift certificate!) for a facial and a mani/pedi. DH is taking me to dinner but I looked at the menu and since it''s so hot I''ll probably eat lighter just because of the heat. Our AC is cranked and our house just won''t cool down!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Summer -- happy birthday!! It''s my dad''s birthday too. The BBQ sounded really good, I have to say. It''s so hard to eat well at those things.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Wow it sounds like we''ve all been eating bad!
14.gif
Haha.

Courtney: That alterations appointment and your wedding are coming soon, so exciting!!

October: ((Hugs)) Going to the gym is good I think to get your mind off of things. It''s a good way to work out sadness. This weekend sounds like it will be a huge pick-me-up!! Sounds so fun, I am jealous!

buttercup: Well going to the gym is one step, definitely. One step ahead of me I''ve only been walking which I haven''t done in days because it''s been so hot. Okay after next Monday (LSAT is Monday and there''s no way I am working out before then I don''t think) you and me both are starting on the better food, and cardio more often for real this time.

sum: Sorry the weekend was kind of yucky.
40.gif
But hey Happy belated Birthday! Woohoo!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Zoe: I agree the food sounds good.
3.gif

Morning all! I am eating my usual cheerios, woohoo. So I think I''ve gained about 2 lbs back as well.
39.gif
Don''t know why I''m surprised. Anyway, I will be back later.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so I went for my fitness assessment last night. Ugh. How embarassing! My fat content/heart rate was okay, but when it came time to do the plank and pushups, oh lord.

Seriously. I went to do one pushup and fell right into the floor. ahah.

I figure that improving from ZERO should be easy to gage :)

How is everyone else doing?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! Dinner was really good. We had 4 courses, a bottle of wine, and then I ordered a glass of ice wine, and THEN the restaurant brought us each a glass of champagne! I walked out drunk and full! I was impressed though that BOTH DH and I left half of our steaks on the plate. We said "these steaks are huge!" and then I was thinking about dessert, so I stopped eating, and then he stopped eating. I think it was a first! So I have leftover steak for lunch today. For dessert I went "semi-healthy" with a lemon and blueberry pavlova (meringue). Better than the chocolate peanut butter cup with BACON. YES, really. Bacon! DH loves all things chocolate and peanut butter but even he couldn''t get right wit the bacon served with it. weird.

October - don''t feel bad about not being able to do the pushups. Just keep at it and you WILL be able to do them eventually. Part of my yoga class is 10 second pushups. MAN. It''s killer. Even on my knees! But I couldn''t do one when I started and now I can hold it for 10 seconds, and I can do three, I think, before I collapse. Progress is progress, even if it is slow. Keep at it!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I haven''t read through all your posts yet because I have been slacking on PS and I thought if I don''t post now, I never will!

I have been working a lot of extra hours lately so as usual that results in not having energy for working out. I''ve just been too tired to do anything.

But.... I did finally get a wii fit! I love it! Okay... is it the end-all-be-alll to fitness?... hardly, but I am getting a good workout with it. The aerobics definitely get my heart rate up. I''ve been breaking a sweat and getting super thirsty throughout. And the strength exercises are definitely getting me sore.

I''m going to start C25k any day now. I made a track for my ipod of my favorite running music with cues to tell me when to run and walk. I just need to find the time! My FI just got back from a trip so I''ve been trying to spend time with him. Actually.... now that I think about it..... I should go this morning before I have to go in to work.....

Eating.... well my fav. kettle-cooked salt and vinegar chips were on sale buy-one-get-one so I couldn''t pass that one up! So I know I''ll be munching on those for a few days. But other than that, I think I have been doing okay. I have been eating more smaller meals so I feel satisfied all day but never full.

Okay... now I am going to go back and read what you girls have been up to....

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve been cooking every night instead of eating out, and i bought this cookbook, "Anyone Can Cook" (my FMIL got me a fire extinguisher for my birthday--the title gave me hope, haha). besides having some really yummy recipes in it, the book also gives you the nutritional information for the recipes, which is great for me because i''m pseudo-doing weightwatchers.

funny story: yesterday, i decided for some form of exercise, i''d put in a cd and dance around like an idiot...while doing dishes. BAD IDEA. did you know that dancing plus water equals splash, which equals FALL?
37.gif
my knee hurts!
39.gif
9.gif

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 1:57:51 PM
Author: doodle
i''ve been cooking every night instead of eating out, and i bought this cookbook, ''Anyone Can Cook'' (my FMIL got me a fire extinguisher for my birthday--the title gave me hope, haha). besides having some really yummy recipes in it, the book also gives you the nutritional information for the recipes, which is great for me because i''m pseudo-doing weightwatchers.

funny story: yesterday, i decided for some form of exercise, i''d put in a cd and dance around like an idiot...while doing dishes. BAD IDEA. did you know that dancing plus water equals splash, which equals FALL?
37.gif
my knee hurts!
39.gif
9.gif
LOL!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
October: Oh man sorry the fitness assessment didn''t go so well, but hey you did better than me! And that''s why you''re there anyway, right? Like you said at least anything will be an improvement.
1.gif

Sum: Glad to see your birthday went well, woohoo!!
36.gif
Mm steak I
30.gif
30.gif
steak. Dessert sounds good!

Mia: I also
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Wii Fit, it is awesome!! So fun! Have you done the running yet? It''s so cool. Unfortunately the Wii Fit age is less than accurate it changes drastically for me based on what time of day I do it and what test it gives me, but oh well. I also don''t think I''ll ever be able to master the balance thing because I''ve had knee problems since 3rd grade and because of that I always put more weight naturally on my left leg. It''s fun and I am up off the couch; that''s what''s important for me. Sounds like you are really getting on track and getting motivated! Oh and don''t worry I''ve totally been slacking on my PS posts, too.

Doodle: Oh my God..haha. I hope your knee is feeling better!
40.gif
However, I have to admit it totally sounds like something I would do. Especially considering I randomly fall over a lot due to vertigo lol.
37.gif
So don''t feel too bad. I am also kind of ditzy sometimes, so that doesn''t help.

So my day was rather interesting. The power was out at the building I work at and people were stuck in the elevator, so while I am very thankful it wasn''t me (I felt bad for complaining about climbing the stairs in high heels - I probably needed to take the stairs anyway) I was traumatized since that''s one of my fears.
14.gif
No one seemed to hear them, but I was standing in the hallway and heard these people banging on metal and screaming/calling out. I was like no...way..
6.gif
23.gif
. They weren''t in there that long which is good, so I don''t want to sound too dramatic about it. I think it was about 15 minutes or so, but would have seemed like an eternity to me!
32.gif
40.gif
Anyway, I shook that off and got back to work. Tried to do some LSAT practice, but I was a bit too sleepy (fell asleep during logical reasoning). So that didn''t come out well. Anyway, I am going to get some more sleep tonight (sorry I am so off topic and not talking about health related stuff). I plan on doing a walk tomorrow! Getting more sleep is the first step because then I''ll have energy to do something tomorrow.
5.gif
So I am not going to share what I ate because well it was embarrassing to be honest (hint hint delivery)!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarah honey, you''ve been so good in keeping up this thread, since I bailed on you (BAD GYPSY!). I will post this coming weeks, and the week afters if you need a break. Just let me know.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy!! Actually, that would be great if you don''t mind. I have the LSAT on Monday, so I have a feeling with all the panic attacks I will be avoiding Sunday night I may forget, haha. I''ve gotten somewhere on logic games, but I am showing little to no improvement in logical reasoning and reading comp. Reading comp was my strongest section, but I''d like it to be a bit stronger, still. I really want a 165 minimum if possible. Anyway, enough of throwing my LSAT woes on you. Hope all is well for you!! HEY isn''t this the last day with DB?! Woohoooo new job here you come!!

For breakfast I had cereal (as usual) and a small juicy juice kiki strawberry. Ok so it''s not that healthy, but it''s tasty.
18.gif
For lunch I am having left over pizza (oops shared what my dinner was) not the healthiest thing either, but it is thin crust?
5.gif
Anyway, off to work hopefully I''ll be awake enough and have time to study.
35.gif
34.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 7:33:56 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Hi Gypsy!! Actually, that would be great if you don''t mind. I have the LSAT on Monday, so I have a feeling with all the panic attacks I will be avoiding Sunday night I may forget, haha. I''ve gotten somewhere on logic games, but I am showing little to no improvement in logical reasoning and reading comp. Reading comp was my strongest section, but I''d like it to be a bit stronger, still. I really want a 165 minimum if possible. Anyway, enough of throwing my LSAT woes on you. Hope all is well for you!! HEY isn''t this the last day with DB?! Woohoooo new job here you come!!

For breakfast I had cereal (as usual) and a small juicy juice kiki strawberry. Ok so it''s not that healthy, but it''s tasty.
18.gif
For lunch I am having left over pizza (oops shared what my dinner was) not the healthiest thing either, but it is thin crust?
5.gif
Anyway, off to work hopefully I''ll be awake enough and have time to study.
35.gif
34.gif
Oooh good luck with your LSAT Sarah! You''ll be fine! I wrote mine a few years ago so I''ve definitely been there! GOOD LUCK!!

On the day of, try to eat something a bit better for breakfast (like oatmeal) that will sustain you longer if you can. Last thing you want is hunger interrupting your thoughts!!

So I''m still sore from my orientation session at the gym, but a good sore. I''m gone all weekend but next week I''m going to try a few classes too.

Has anyone else started at the gym yet?

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I went to the gym last night and my trainer kicked my *ss. . .but then I went home and chowed down on some chips and guac - FI said I HAD to because it was going to go bad - he''s NOT helping.
38.gif

I AM really trying though and I''ve been drinking a ton of water - which is difficult since I teach and I can''t just ditch my class when I have to pee! I''m going to get fit doing lots of pee pee dances waiting for dismissal!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
October: Awesome about the orientation. You may be sore now, but it will pay off later!!
36.gif
36.gif

buttercup: I am sorry FI isn''t helping, but I know how you feel.
14.gif
Oh man that sucks about the water drinking, but if it helps any I feel the same way! And the place where I am working this summer you have to go through the security to get back in, so every time I need to go I have to like..let people know..and get let back in. So I can only go so often, so I am definitely feeling you there!!
6.gif
6.gif

Breakfast: cheerios yaaay. Hehe. I don''t feel very well, so I am going to get going. I will be back tonight.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I''m excited...I ordered that 30 day shred DVD that akmiss talked about last week. 25 minute workouts everyday is much more appealing to me than 1 or 2 hour workouts a couple times a week. Is anyone like that? I get bored so easily and I''m constantly looking at the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results