shape
carat
color
clarity

06/01 to 06/08 BWW Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone!

Well it''s June! So all our summer brides it is totally countdown time, woo! I am almost to my 1 year mark, so yay that. MajorGroove I will get my FI to send me the recipe so I can type it up for you. It''s so yummy! I am still a bit MIA, but I''ll be back tomorrow. Still pretty tired, woo. On a side note, I am watching Bridezilla, it premiered tonight, but I missed it earlier. Does anyone watch this? Man those girls are crazy sometimes/a lot of the time!
6.gif

What did everyone do or eat today? How was your weekend?

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
ah, i wish i had more time to keep on on this thread! i''m not sure if it''s already been mentioned or not, but for those of you who have comcast one of the free on demand options is a ''bridal bootcamp'' exercise program. my friend showed me it the other day and i did it - it was only 18 minutes and it was a really easy routine to follow, but it kicked my butt (but i don''t work out often...so it is probably easier for other people!). but it really works your arms and legs and butt. i''m still sore two days later!

but yep, just wanted to mention that!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Woah Mimzy that is awesome!! I will check it out tomorrow, thank you for posting!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I have been doing Jillian Michael''s 30 day Shred for about a week now. I seems to be working and I feel great - except my a$$ is really sore! I love that it is only 20 minutes long
2.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I''m joining the thread - I only have 10 lbs to lose, but they are so stubborn to come off!

My weakness is sweets and snacks- if you ask the Bay Area PSers who were at the GTG this weekend, they will tell you that..but today was pretty good...or maybe not.

The good:
-Breakfast: whole grain eggos with banana
-Lunch: Pita sandwich with lowfat cheese, tomato and hummus
-Snack: fake pinkberry frozen yogurt
-Resisted getting hot chocolate at Ghiradelli!
-Walked to and all around the presidio (4-5 miles total - yay!)

The not so good:
-rice krispy treat at starbucks (400 calories - geez!)
-ice tea lemonade at starbucks (only 130 but adds up)
-Veggie burrito for dinner (had cheese, but no sour cream, didn''t eat the whole thing)

I guess my plan going forward will be to stay even on the weekends and have less calories during the week. Hope this can work!!

MajorGroove

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 11:38:48 PM
Author:SarahLovesJS
On a side note, I am watching Bridezilla, it premiered tonight, but I missed it earlier. Does anyone watch this? Man those girls are crazy sometimes/a lot of the time!
6.gif

I totally watched the new Bridezillas. . .that one woman''s MIL is out of control!
6.gif
I''d be losing it too if I had to deal with that!

Out of curiosity, does anyone else on here have something in mind that they''ll reward themselves with when they get to their goal weight? Your own personal carrot on the end of a stick? I used to be like, ''well, losing the weight will be its own reward,'' but on my tougher days, it helps to focus my energy on something that isn''t food. Right now, I''m thinking my reward will come in the form of a pair of diamond stud earrings from WhiteFlash.
18.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Morning all!

akmiss: I will have to look for that, I love new workouts. I hope maybe I''ll do them, haha! Thank you for posting and I believe you''re new so welcome, and if you''re not then welcome again!

Rockzilla: Welcome! You''re not so good is not so bad, but I know what you mean about it adding up, it definitely does over time. Maybe you could start by giving yourself one or two treats per day (within in reason of course, haha). Like half the rice krispy treat over two days. Man I love those things, I haven''t made any because when I do I can''t stop eating them. They are like addictive or something. Those and brownies.
30.gif
brownies. Anyway, haha.

MajorGroove: Since I have already handed out two welcomes and I don''t believe you ever got one, here''s a late welcome to you as well!
5.gif
And man yeah that MIL is mean. The guy needs to stand up for his future wife. So wrong. If the Mom can''t respect her and be happy for them or at least agree to respect their union, she doesn''t need to be there. I know he loves his Mom, but it looks to me like he may have to choose unfortunately. Hmm a goal, I hadn''t thought of this! I will and get back to you because that is always a great idea.

So far I am eating cheerios and milk + water. Not a huge breakfast, oh well.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Hi everyone - soooo I got my gym membership!! It was active starting yesterday, so I''m going in today to get my fitness assesment scheduled and get working!!

I''m hoping to start kind of slow as far as the intensity goes, but high on the number of times per week that I go. I just don''t want to kill myself the first day or so so that I am in too much pain to go back for 5 days! I think once the habit is formed, it will be easier to motivate myself to go.

I would love to just watch what I eat, but it is hard and I love food. So I think if I work out first, then a) I can justify some splurges, and b) I will probably start eating healthier since I''m working so hard! Here''s hoping!

Good luck to everyone else - For my cardio I''m thinking of doing the Couch Potato to 5K - anyone interested in doing it with me?

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
OH. MY. DOG. i only have 4 1/2 months to go!!!!!!! that just put me into panic mode most seriously! i still have naked men in the wedding party because my FI hasn''t figured out what he wants to wear, and my dress is large enough to fit someone else in with me (which may be necessary to hide my groom''s behind!), and OMGOMGOMG! ::inhales:: wow...i''m calmer now.
37.gif

so yeah, went to a wedding over the weekend and had a house guest for the duration of it, but i somehow managed to do fairly well on consumption. that, however, has much to do with the fact that this wedding had no alcohol, so i was far better behaved than usual.

as for today, thus far, i''ve had a glass of water...and that''s it. i''m not off to a very good start--my metabolism''s never going to kick in if i don''t start eating more regularly!
39.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
October2008bride: I haven''t heard of this program, is it a book or what? Sounds fun! Let me know the details I might join you.

Doodle: Sorry to panic you!
40.gif
And you do need to eat! Hopefully you''ve eaten by now of course. Hehe
26.gif

S<3JS Breakdown for today: Water = about 4.5 glasses. Better than usual, so not too bad. 1 can of diet pepsi max and a 16 oz diet coke. Okay breakfast, good lunch, bad dinner bad bad bad. What is up with me and dinner?
20.gif
I just get to dinner and I am like oh yes I want this and that or this mmm and this desert. Sigh. Maybe if I eat more earlier in the day it will help me cut my dinner. I will try that tomorrow.
12.gif
Exercise: we walked from one end of the shopping center to another, all over a store, walked back, went grocery shopping which included about 30 mins of walking, then we walked around the block with the dog. Ahhh so much walking! But that chocolate cake I had at dinner made me feel downright nauseous, so I needed it. I feel a bit better now. I''ve been having a horrible time with allergies, anyone else?
38.gif
Ugh sometimes I think my sinus headaches are actually coming from the LSAT melting my brain.
7.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! Just wanted to say I''m catching up on this thread and you guys are all doing so well!

I haven''t posted in a while because... well.... er...... I guess there''s not much to report. I just haven''t been working out as much as I should. Eating has been so-so... I just haven''t been super motivated. But I''ll get back in the game, I''m going home to visit my family in July so I have to try and look okay in a swimsuit.

Oct2008Bride- I''ll do couch to 5k with you! Have you seen the podcast on itunes that has cues for when your supposed to run/walk? The only problem is I can''t stand the music he uses. I have to workout to my own music, so I am going to make one of my own. I found a website that tells you how. When are you going to start.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back Mia!!
35.gif
Sorry you haven''t been super motivated, mine has been waxing and waning personally so I understand.

Breakfast: Hot cocoa and cheerios w/ milk. Better than nothing, right? I''m off to work, bye for now everyone!
35.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hey!! The Couch Potato to 5K plan is a running plan that builds you up slowly to be able to run 5K. I don''t know about you girls, but I find that the first time I run, I think "this isn''t so bad" and then the next day I''m in agony and can''t go again for a good 5 days. Then it is back to square one.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

That is the website with the plan. Take a look. Basically, you do it three times a week and it is a combo of running and walking, and over the 8 weeks, you increase the running and decrease the walking.

Anyways - I''d be up for starting whenever. I''m going to go to the gym for the first time in a loooong time tonight to try out the machines etc. What are you girls thinking?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Good to see there is still some motivation here! You can do it ladies!!!

I''m doing great on the food front but didn''t get to work out last night because it took me 4 hours to get home due to train breakdowns. Ugh. When I finally got home at 8:45, I nuked a TJ''s frozen enchilada (only 360 calories!) and put on my pjs instead of my workout gear. I passed out about an hour later. I will work out tonight!

I''m a little nervous about this weekend. We''re going to a family reunion weekend in the middle of nowhere. I talked DH into staying at a B&B instead of sharing a room with his cousins, so at least I know I''ll be comfortable, but I couldn''t bear to fill out the dietary restrictions form on the reservations page. I just love breakfast food too much... so I''ll probably eat the french toast and pastries and then what, go on a hike? maybe.

But the evening meals are family time and the first night is gumbo, which I can''t eat due to allergies, so I need to figure out what to take with me. The second night is described as "chicken and ribs". Knowing which cousin is in charge of the food means that there will be absolutely no vegetable component. So again, I need to figure out something to take with me. It''s getting to be more work than I expected. The good thing is I have absolutely no qualms about eating my own food. I''m still annoyed that the cousin planned everything without any input and didn''t even bother to work around my allergies, much less preferences. I know it''s not his responsibility to make me happy, but it''s a good excuse for me not to eat like him! I have some planning to do.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:52:29 AM
Author: October2008bride
Hey!! The Couch Potato to 5K plan is a running plan that builds you up slowly to be able to run 5K. I don''t know about you girls, but I find that the first time I run, I think ''this isn''t so bad'' and then the next day I''m in agony and can''t go again for a good 5 days. Then it is back to square one.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

That is the website with the plan. Take a look. Basically, you do it three times a week and it is a combo of running and walking, and over the 8 weeks, you increase the running and decrease the walking.

Anyways - I''d be up for starting whenever. I''m going to go to the gym for the first time in a loooong time tonight to try out the machines etc. What are you girls thinking?

my FI is doing the couch to 5K plan! he''s not exactly super athletic, but he likes it a lot. i HATE running and subsequently would never stick to the plan, but i''m really pushing for him to stick with it. good luck to you!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Good morning. I can''t stop thinking about food...lol Anyway I have 116 days togo and the scale is not moving
38.gif
It is soooo hot in Texas I can hardly go outside let alone go jogging!

Anyway, I have been eating special K bars and smart ones but I find myself feeling even more bloated. I would really like to do a detox, anyone done a good one?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone. I have gotten sick again--another mega-stressful day yesterday resulted in me getting very sick again today. I''ve gone back to the doctor and have new, improved meds, so hopefully I will be better for the long term soon.

I hope everyone is doing well! iwanna, for a detox program, can you do it on your own? Is it a type of diet or is it one of those camp things? I don''t know anything about them (haha, obviously!) but I think something like that might be really good for me too.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 11:48:52 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Hello everyone. I have gotten sick again--another mega-stressful day yesterday resulted in me getting very sick again today. I''ve gone back to the doctor and have new, improved meds, so hopefully I will be better for the long term soon.

I hope everyone is doing well! iwanna, for a detox program, can you do it on your own? Is it a type of diet or is it one of those camp things? I don''t know anything about them (haha, obviously!) but I think something like that might be really good for me too.
Yes. I think Mara did one a while back and started a thread so maybe she can chime in.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
So, yesterday was an awesome day for me!

Exercise:
-Walked to and from work (3 miles total)
-1 hour yoga class at lunch (that was rough...sore today!)
-THEN, my roommate wanted to go on a walk up to Coit tower (Another 2.8 miles, but that is not counting all the giant hills and steps we went up and down)

Eating:
-Breakfast = 2 eggos w/banana, OJ
-Snack = banana & tea
-Lunch = corn chowder (~400 cal) with piece of bread and fruit cup. Would have gotten the whole grain roll, but since I went to yoga at lunch they were out by the time I got there
-Dinner = Apple & trader joe's pizza (460 cals)
-After dinner snack = 1 chocolate madeline cookie (100 cals, figured I could use a reward after the unexpected extra exercise)

I don't have a scale in my house right now, but I will weigh myself this weekend & report back

PS I had no idea the rice krispy treat on sunday had so many calories-- though I should have been clued in by the VISIBLE m&ms and marshmellows all over it
28.gif
it seemed like the least bad thing in that starbucks case at the time - BUT it appears they don't make them out of actual rice krispies (which are fortified) so I didn't even get any good nutrients

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
So I am not a BIW or LIW but I lurk around this thread, hope its ok!

Anyway, I had to delurk to say I did C25K!! It is a great program. For lots of reasons I won''t bore you with I didn''t get to finish it but I still felt great with my progress. My only advice to those of you that are thinking about it is not to be too strict with the schedule. If you feel like you need to do one of the days over before you move on, do it!! A friend of mine and I did it and both found places where we just needed to stay a little longer. Just work at your own pace with the days and make sure to make it a priority. I am thinking of starting back up again when I can. Good luck!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 9:41:07 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
October2008bride: I haven''t heard of this program, is it a book or what? Sounds fun! Let me know the details I might join you.

Doodle: Sorry to panic you!
40.gif
And you do need to eat! Hopefully you''ve eaten by now of course. Hehe
26.gif

S<3JS Breakdown for today: Water = about 4.5 glasses. Better than usual, so not too bad. 1 can of diet pepsi max and a 16 oz diet coke. Okay breakfast, good lunch, bad dinner bad bad bad. What is up with me and dinner?
20.gif
I just get to dinner and I am like oh yes I want this and that or this mmm and this desert. Sigh. Maybe if I eat more earlier in the day it will help me cut my dinner. I will try that tomorrow.
12.gif
Exercise: we walked from one end of the shopping center to another, all over a store, walked back, went grocery shopping which included about 30 mins of walking, then we walked around the block with the dog. Ahhh so much walking! But that chocolate cake I had at dinner made me feel downright nauseous, so I needed it. I feel a bit better now. I''ve been having a horrible time with allergies, anyone else?
38.gif
Ugh sometimes I think my sinus headaches are actually coming from the LSAT melting my brain.
7.gif

Sarah - dinner was always my problem as well. I''ve not completely conquered the problem 100% of the time, but some things I found that really really helped include:

1. starting dinner with a really big healthy salad or broth-based soup. Especially when I''ve let myself get super hungry, this really fills me up, adds a lot of nutritional value (you can pile all your favorite veggies in a salad and use a healthy dressing), and is fairly quick and easy (I often make big batches of soup and freeze them, or canned is good as well). By the time I''ve gotten through a large serving of healthy soup or salad, it really takes the edge off my appetite and I can enjoy my dinner more and eat less.

2. Taking the right proportion to begin with - I like the rule that says you fill 1/2 your plate with veggies, 1/4 with protein, and 1/4 with a healthy grain. That''s usually what I aim for, give or take.

3. Taking a serving and putting the rest out of reach or where its inconvenient. I get my plate all nicely served up and put all my favorite seasonings on it and everything, and then I put everything in the kitchen and go into a different room to eat. I tell myself I can have more if I want it, but I usually make a little deal, like I''ll wait 5-10 minutes before I go back, and usually by that time, plus the inconvenience, I don''t really want anymore usually.

4. Making sure you''re well hydrated. I try to drink at least a full glass of water before eating or with my first, healthy, course. Often your body has trouble differentiating between being truly hungry or being just thirsty.

Anyway, I hope those are helpful tips - I''ve really found that they help a lot for me.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Great tips, Amber!

Well, after a long weekend visiting my girlfriends in Illinois, I did not over do it on the food. I did, however, over do it on the drinking. The scale isn''t my enemy, but it''s not my best bud either. I feel good, but not great. I started back swimming yesterday and plan on doing this every possible day that I can. I just wonder if it''s good enough. 25 minutes of non stop swimming has got to be working for me right? The only difference I can see is less cellulite (fantastic). I can''t seem to shrink any inches off my hips, and really that''s the only area I need to shrink. I would like to tone my tummy and arms a little bit, but they don''t really need shrinking. Any ideas? I''ve only got 52 days left!!!

I have a couple of friends who just started a 4 week boot camp this morning. 5:30am!!! I would''ve done it with them, but I have to be at work at 7am AND I carpool. I swear I''m not making excuses. I''m actually really disappointed because doing it with friends would have really pushed me.

Akmiss...I really like the idea of 20 minute workouts for 30 days. Tell me more about it!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to let everyone know I am still here. I will be around tomorrow. I am kind of checking in, but taking a break for a bit. Feeling a bit down.

ETA: Used the wrong face for feeling down..heh.
40.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

style="WIDTH: 100.95%; HEIGHT: 127px">Date: 6/4/2008 8:51:14 AM
Author: Courtneylub
Great tips, Amber!

Well, after a long weekend visiting my girlfriends in Illinois, I did not over do it on the food. I did, however, over do it on the drinking. The scale isn't my enemy, but it's not my best bud either. I feel good, but not great. I started back swimming yesterday and plan on doing this every possible day that I can. I just wonder if it's good enough. 25 minutes of non stop swimming has got to be working for me right? The only difference I can see is less cellulite (fantastic). I can't seem to shrink any inches off my hips, and really that's the only area I need to shrink. I would like to tone my tummy and arms a little bit, but they don't really need shrinking. Any ideas? I've only got 52 days left!!!

I have a couple of friends who just started a 4 week boot camp this morning. 5:30am!!! I would've done it with them, but I have to be at work at 7am AND I carpool. I swear I'm not making excuses. I'm actually really disappointed because doing it with friends would have really pushed me.

Akmiss...I really like the idea of 20 minute workouts for 30 days. Tell me more about it!
I have been pretty loyal to the workout and am loving it. Can't say if I lost any weight yet because I refuse to own a scale.... but, I definitely feel stronger and more energetic. Jillian Micahels is the trainer from "The Biggest Loser" and she is pretty kick-ass. There are three 6 minute circuits each consisting of three minutes of strength training, two minutes cardio, and one minute of abs. The combination is supposed to make you burn fat faster by increasing your metabolism as you increase muscle mass. Not a new concept but it works.
You will definitely tone up if thats what your looking for
2.gif

Good Luck everyone and keep your eye on the prize
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 11:01:09 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Just wanted to let everyone know I am still here. I will be around tomorrow. I am kind of checking in, but taking a break for a bit. Feeling a bit down.

ETA: Used the wrong face for feeling down..heh.
40.gif
*HUGS* I hope you feel better soon, darlin''! Remember, we''re all here for you if/when you''d like to talk.
1.gif

MajorGroove

Rough_Rock
Amber: good dinner-survival tips! The one I''ve been using the most recently is to eat a small snack before I even serve myself dinner. I come home from work pretty ravenous sometimes (especially if I have to stay late), and if I didn''t grab something and snarf it down, I would snarf down WAY too much dinner. So I get myself a yogurt, some cottage cheese, or another healthy snack and eat it right away when I get through the door. Then I wait 20 minutes before I get myself dinner. By then, I''m no longer nearly as hungry, and appropriate portions look a whole lot nicer!
1.gif

Keep the motivation going, ladies. . .we''ll get there!!!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Progress to date:

Tuesday - pretty darn good day:
-Walked 3 miles
-Breakfast= eggo waffle
-Morning snack= fresh fruit
-Lunch = tofu meal (<500 cals)
-Afternoon snack = half a specialties cookie (not so good, but no more than 250 cals)
-Dinner = pesto tortellini from TJ''s (330 cals) plus some broccoli and butternut squash (150) used some butter to cook though, so add 200 cals?

Wednesday -Not as good, but still not terrible
-Walked only 1.5 miles (not as good, got a ride home from work)
-Breakfast = eggo waffle again
-Morning snack = fresh fruit
-Lunch = salad (400 cals)
-Afternoon snack = fake pinkberry yogurt - probably 300-400 including topping, but got almost all of my calcium and a good chunk of protien as well
-Dinner = salad (400 cals)
-Second dinner (ack!) went with friends to get sushi - had a cucumber/avocado/seaweed roll - can''t imagine it was that bad, maybe 200-250 calories

Today will be tough since I am flying down to LA and won''t have time to really find a healthy dinner...

RZ

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
RZ - will you be at the airport tonight? Some things I''ve found in airports for healthy meals: fruit and yogurt w/ or w/out cereal, individual sized pizzas or a single slice loaded with veggies, bagel or sandwich whole grain with healthy spread (peanut butter is good here) and a coffee or tea drink with nonfat or soy milk for extra protein and calcium. Sometimes you can find places that make baked potatoes, and one of those with broccoli or other veggie (even salsa works) and some cheese is a decent meal.

Anyway, none of those are ideal, but they are all pretty easy to find, give decent nutrition, and shouldn''t leave you starving. SFO and LAX are actually two of the better US airports in terms of food options, in my experience. Good luck, and enjoy LA this weekend
1.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, AG! Unfortunately, since I am flying Virgin America (in the int''l terminal) my options are kind of limited- basically there are 2 pizza places past security. I think I may try to grab some kind of sandwich at lunch, stick it in the fridge, and maybe eat it on the BART ride over...

Generally SFO and LAX have good options though. Also, Dallas is surprisingly good, probably because it is HUGE, but there is great selection there.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s a really good idea about the sandwich - cheese sandwiches with plenty of veggies are always tasty, and healthy as long as you go light on the mayo, etc...
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results