shape
carat
color
clarity

05/25 to 06/01 BWW Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! Happy Memorial Day Americans and for anyone else Happy Monday!
5.gif
I am so far having a good day. Watching FI shake his hips with an imaginary hula hoop on Wii Fit and yelling, "Noooo!" as his hula hoops fall. It''s pretty comical.
9.gif
Anyway . . . how was everyone''s weekend? Any good exercise or anything? What''s everyone planning to eat or do today? Hope you''re all happy and well!
5.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
oh scallions, i forgot it''s a holiday. i was planning on going grocery shopping today to buy a silly amount of veggies, but it''s a holiday, it''s smalltown georgia, chances are good the only thing open in the entire city is wal-mart, and my FI refuses to support "the machine that destroys business and depletes the economy of
24.gif
sooooo...my goal for today is to avoid the barbecue restaurant five minutes from my house...unless i walk there...hmm...
11.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Morning ladies!

Well, I had my overeating indulgence on Saturday night at a friend''s house. They had a bbq, with very healthy food actually... and then we went to the park to watch The Goonies (on a big inflatable screen) and during that somebody was passing around cupcakes and throwing baby ruth bars at us, and we were drinking, so, well... it was a bit more than I should have eaten, but I don''t feel too bad about it because I did go to yoga that morning and ate wisely the rest of the day... and we did WALK to the park... yeah. All 4 blocks and back. ha.

Tonight my MIL is coming over for dinner. For the first time ever. DH is grilling burgers and potatoes and I''m going to make some sort of healthy salad for me because I know she won''t eat anything healthy, especially if I made it. But I''m going to try and hold it together because she definitely triggers bad emotions in me. I started this morning with my yoga dvd and at least I know I''ve already worked out.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I''ll post about eating and working out later. I just have to say that seeing the 6/1 date just freaked me out a little..

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Heheh, I love your FI doing the imaginary hula-hoop and yelling about it falling! That''s too cute, Sarah!
9.gif

I am doing ok today. Yesterday I was HORRIBLY sick (wrote up a thread about it in Hangout) but since I think I''m basically doing it to myself through stress and whatnot, I decided to read up and try to figure out what was going on. Anyway! I think I might have IBS, and so I went to the store today (a big deal, took 2.5 hours to get there, shop, and come back because it''s a bank holiday today!
6.gif
). Picked up some foods high in soluble fiber which should help, and so far so good! I had a bit of soy milk and some blackberries and am going to have lentil soup for dinner and I am feeling good! Which is awesome since I wanted someone to put me out of my misery yesterday.
3.gif

I only walked about a mile today, to the education building and around campus, and then to the bus stop. Not as much walking as I usually get in when I''m going shopping (usually I walk to markets that are closer but almost everything was closed today), but it''s probably good I didn''t do too much considering what bad shape I was in yesterday.

I''ve been working on my paper for the past 3 hours and need to get back to it--next chapter is due on Thursday and I don''t even have 1000 words yet! Eek!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon all!

Doodle: You literally made me laugh out loud, haha. How long of a walk would that be?
31.gif

Sum: Sounds like you had fun at the park! Good luck with MIL.
14.gif
Sorry to hear she is stressful.

Stephanie: Uh oh! Can you believe it''s almost June already?

Gwen: Yeah it was definitely comical, haha. He was swinging his hips as fast as he could.
10.gif
Oh noo! I missed the hangout thread. I am sorry you were so sick! IBS sucks! I am pretty sure I have it. So does my Mom, Grandma, Dad, and I think FI does. I haven''t been diagnosed with it, that''s why I say pretty sure. Do you have Metamucil over there? It works for my Mom. That is great about walking woohoo! Good luck on the paper!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Some finish the chapter by Thursday PS dust!
4.gif

Well, so far today I''ve had cereal. We''re not going to be eating healthy for dinner as far as I know. But there will be some salad at least. FI has to leave this afternoon so that sucks. I think he is going to take the Wii and Wii Fit with him. That means it''ll yell at me the next time I use it since it''ll be over a week.
15.gif
Oh well, he needs it more than I do. It''s hard to go for a long walk in an apt complex. I will be back later!
4.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ugh! My MIL just left. Thankfully. She wasn''t in the house 5 minutes before she was telling me to microwave the corn she brought instead of putting it on the grill, like I wanted to. Microwave? when I can grill? She wouldn''t let it go, but it''s MY kitchen and I was prepping it already. I did microwave HERS but the rest of us enjoyed it off the grill. After the corn incident, she proceeded to prune my tomato plant. Or try to prune. We managed to notice what she was doing and DH told her not to, and then she wanted to know WHY she couldn''t do it. I said "because it''s MY plant" and she started to throw a fit, so I escaped inside for a minute and drank more wine. She was pouting for a good 10 minutes while the rest of us put dinner together.

She did seem to calm down after a while, but I''m hopeful that she won''t want to come over again for several more years. She was also offended that our shy cat wouldn''t come out to say hi to her. He doesn''t like anybody but us, so it''s not unusual but she took it as a personal affront.

I only had one brownie. If she had stayed any longer that may have changed.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sumbride, your description of your day made me chuckle (especially about the cat, Frodo is just like that and I think its hilarious when people get personally offended by it) and it also made me want to give you a hug. Here's hoping its YEARS before she come back.

I've not been getting enough water. I was good till Friday, then I just camel-ed again. Will try to drink more tonight and hydrate. We've been eating too much red meat, and are having Omaha Steak burgers for dinner. So tomorrow I'm doing chicken curry so we can at least get something other than red meat in our systems.

I've lost 2 pounds. But have to start excercising. I think I'm actually going to start this week! Shock. I know.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the hug Gypsy! It''s so tough dealing with a "living stereotype" of a MIL!

Congrats on the 2 lbs! That''s great!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 9:37:34 PM
Author: sumbride
Thanks for the hug Gypsy! It''s so tough dealing with a ''living stereotype'' of a MIL!

Congrats on the 2 lbs! That''s great!!!
It must be so tough! She frankly sounds like a PITA. I would have had a drink too. And why on earth would you go to someones house for the first time and start PRUNING?!? Seriously. That''s not acceptable behaviour, that''s a comic strip.
38.gif
I love grilled corn, BTW. It''s my favorite way to eat it. So THERE MIL!

I actually thought of you yesterday, when I was at my parents for a dinner party and my grandmother told me my face (which just balloons unpleasantly when I gain weight, it''s my cheeks) was thinner. I thought, yup... here we go.

Weird thing is, scale says I''ve lost weight, but the whole reason I stepped on the dreadful thing is because I thought I had GAINED weight. Three of my nicest work tops (one of which I bought not a month ago) are snug! I just washed the new one for the first time though, and the other two just came back from the cleaners. So maybe they shrunk? Is that just an overweight girls fantasy? I don''t know. Frustrating though as my summer work attire is limited as is, and I can''t really just go shopping right now and buy a bunch of things.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you lost even though you thought you gained! Clothes do shrink sometimes. My pants keep getting shorter. It''s driving me crazy! I can only wash them about 15 times and then they are ankle pants. I see my family in about 6 weeks so while I''m hoping to have lost more by then, I don''t want to get into the whole thing with them at all. Sad, isn''t it? Maybe I''ll just wear baggy clothes.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
sum: Sorry MIL was as you thought. It''s funny that she''s the stereotype though. I''d need a drink, too! At least she''s gone, now you can take a deep breath and relax. I hope things go well with your family!

Gypsy: 2 lbs that is awesome!! I''ve gained 2 lbs I think.
23.gif
6.gif
38.gif
15.gif
Oh well. I haven''t had any water today I don''t think.
14.gif
We''ll get back on it this week. What kind of exercise do you plan on doing? I''ve been trying to do some walking. It''s kind of fun. I enjoy watching my dog chase bugs and whatnot.
5.gif
Man speaking of summer work attire, I am in desperate need. I went to Lane Bryant trying to find something and only found a nightgown. So much for work attire.
20.gif
That seems somewhat inappropriate.
32.gif

Well my night went pretty well. I got into a small tiff with FI over something rather silly because he went back home today and I miss him and well I kind of overreacted. Then I got sad and ate ice cream . . . a lot of ice cream. So now I am talking to him trying to cheer up and do happy fun wedding stuff before bed. Oh well, I will start over tomorrow. I say that a lot, but maybe this time it''ll stick.

What are everyone''s goals for this week?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 9:59:33 PM
Author: sumbride
I''m glad you lost even though you thought you gained! Clothes do shrink sometimes. My pants keep getting shorter. It''s driving me crazy! I can only wash them about 15 times and then they are ankle pants. I see my family in about 6 weeks so while I''m hoping to have lost more by then, I don''t want to get into the whole thing with them at all. Sad, isn''t it? Maybe I''ll just wear baggy clothes.
Yeah, I know what you mean about the baggy clothes. Congrats on the loss though... no funny comments intended or implied.

John''s pants have shrunk too... He bought washable slacks for his new job and the other day I noticed that he was wearing floods. They''ve only been washed like... 6 times now. What''s up with that? He doesn''t put them in the dryer either, hangs them dry then uses the steamer toi get the wrinkles out. Weird.

Sarah... I stay off the scales normally, it''s disheartening. I try to only go on every few weeks, or once a month. Work clothes... I shop mostly at Ann Taylor, I''ve expanded to Talbots although much of it is even too conservative for me, and Nordstrom rack. They have these washable slacks (that don''t shrink) sometimes for 30 bucks that rock.

I will probably start off at the gym... we have a membership I''ve never used. It was a Christmas present to myself (
20.gif
). I get shin splints pretty easy so I start on the elliptical 30 minutes... and then do some light weight training on the machines. Ellipticals don''t hurt me normally.

Goal. Go to gym. Do 30 minutes cardio. Twice.

Have some water Sarah. And try the carbonated, it may work for you, it may not.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sounds good to me! I will buy some carbonated next time I am at the store and try it. I completely forgot the last time. My goal is to walk and do some other type of cardio. For me..walking fast is cardio. I''m out of shape! Have fun at the gym! Just don''t overdo it. Man I am missing Wii Fit already.
14.gif
So jealous of FI. All right. Off to bed. This is early for me, but I know I need to do it. I''ve got a long day ahead of me, ugh so not a morning person. At least I get to do LSAT practice during my lunch break and slow times!
36.gif
36.gif
Oh my did I mention to everyone that I have gray hairs popping up here and there? I am devastated because I am only 21. I was hoping for it to hold off at least until 27 or so! Not that that''s old of course. I just wanted a few more good years out of my hair. They''re popping up around exam times.
14.gif
Let''s hope they hold off enough for the wedding. And to think I spent all my teen years coloring my hair. Now I don''t want to, but now I know within the next 10 yrs I''ll have to. Ahh life is fun.
28.gif
24.gif
24.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
sumbride, you and my cousin and your MIL stories--y''all would get along famously! when she was getting ready at her wedding, her MIL kept coming in to complain that they needed to hurry up with the bride so that she could get her makeup done, too.
23.gif
it got so bad that at one point, i saw MIL coming around the corner, turned to my cousin and said "incoming", and she goes, "sh!t, outgoing!" and grabs the bottle of wine that was supposed to be for the communion. there''s pictures of her standing in the other room drinking straight out of the bottle!!

sarah: i did wind up at the barbecue restaurant, and i did not walk there...but it was yummy and delicious and overall a religious experience, so i maintain it was still healthy.
37.gif

ordinarily, after washing my jeans, i have to do crazy calisthenics for half an hour in order to stretch them out enough to be comfy, and that''s for the larger size of my two favorite pairs (we''re not even going to talk about the stunts i pull to make the smaller ones fit--let''s just say it''s my cardio! well, FI and i went out tonight, and i grabbed my small jeans straight out of the clean laundry, put them on, and no stunts were needed, so i have apparently dropped a few. i contribute it to having cut back on my drinking. playing bad 80s music while cleaning my house helps, too, though--amazing the dancing you can do with a broom and billy idol!
9.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Doodle that is great that your skinny jeans fit!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That feeling is always so amazing. I miss it, haha.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the support ladies! I can''t really complain too much to DH because it is his mom, and though he does recognize her crazy, he doesn''t really get how much it bothers me. Oh! I had to share this too!!! We live in the city, in a "transitional" area... you don''t leave anything in your car here... you just don''t. MIL always has a ton of stuff in her car. She''s a compulsive shopper so her car is full of everything she bought that week... so when they got there, I walked out and said "make sure nothing is visible" and OMG, there were bags and boxes and tons and tons of crap. So she removed her EZ Pass from the windshield and then announced loudly to her boyfriend, and the rest of the neighborhood, that she was putting the EZ pass in the glove compartment. She was planning to leave her radar detector mounted to the windshield though. I said "well, the ez pass probably would have been ok, but you need to take the radar detector in the house with you." She was so bothered by this and was just insisting that nobody would want anything in her car. And then later she was worried that somebody might have broken in. I kind of wish they had. Then we''d NEVER see her back in our neighborhood again.

Congrats on the skinny jeans Doodle!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG sum - your MIL sounds like such a piece of work
23.gif
I''m so impressed that you kept it together as much as you did - that is awesome, and you should be very proud
1.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Haha sum!! I love what you said about her not coming back if someone had broken in.
11.gif
Heh, kind of reminds me of FGIL. FI''s Grandma insists on leaving her car unlocked. Flat out unlocked. With the keys in the floorboard!
23.gif
I know she lives in a relatively safe community, but I guess I am just not as trusting as she is.
32.gif

My report for today:

Breakfast: My breakfast was decent. Cereal with milk, some diet coke. Could have ate more and diversified, but wasn''t too bad.

Lunch: For lunch I had PB&J and an apple. During the day I snacked on a few cookies in a 100 calorie pack and a granola bar. I had a diet coke and a water here.

Dinner: Bad bad bad + a diet coke + a water.
39.gif
Man I blow it on dinner. And now I just want a piece of cake. Blegh.

No walk tonight, I don''t feel well. I feel sickly. My ear hurts too; I have a bit of vertigo (very minor almost non-existent) going on I think. So I am going to be around for a bit more then try to go to bed early. On a side note: This LSAT practice is eating my brain! Anyone have a favorite logic games book? I am doing much better at the reasoning section and I was already strong in comprehension. I am weak in grouping games, matching games, and hybrid games. I do well in the sequencing, but that''s about it. I don''t like powerscores. Any advice?

Good night all and hope you had a good Tuesday!
36.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Morning all! I bought these Breakfast Cookies from Quaker. They're oatmeal and raisin, pretty good! Not 100% healthy (it's pretty carb heavy), but yum!

ETA: What did everyone have for breakfast?

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I''m maintaining what I lost after being sick last week. I''d still like to drop a couple lbs before I leave for Illinois tomorrow. I know it sounds silly, but if I lose those 2 lbs...I''ll be back to what I feel is a "safe weight".

I haven''t been working out due to my illnesses and injuries the last couple of weeks! Speaking of injury, I got the results from my MRI. A herniated (sp?) disk is what I''ve got. I feel better this week, so I''m going to swim some laps today. I think that''s a safe workout.

I had a Special K bar this morning. Dinner last night was Special K cereal and some frozen yogurt. Ha. I can feel my body begging for fruits and veggies, so I will get a big leafy salad for lunch or dinner today.

Sarah, sounds like you''re doing well, so don''t get down on yourself over dinner. I usually blow it on dinner too. Could be worse, so keep trying!

Sumbride...I feel your pain.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Courtney, thank you for the boost! I felt like a did a bit better today. I didn''t eat enough lunch though because I felt sickly by this afternoon. I am hoping I am not catching my coworker''s cold!
38.gif
How was everyone''s day? Mine was pretty good! Up and down. Got everything straight with my photographer over the contract, talked to invitation designer, getting a contract from musicians, and kind of found a videographer. I say kind of because I am not sure when I can pay them the deposit since the photographer was so expensive and if they won''t agree to let me pay less now and more in a few months then I might lose my date. We''ll see!
40.gif
Wish me some luck, this might be the one. I am nervous about signing before meeting them, but they seem great. So we''ll see. Did anyone sign before meeting in person?

Good news: I got my walk in this afternoon!! My dog loved that of course. I also ate decently.

Bad news: I gained 2 lbs.
38.gif
15.gif
14.gif
Where is everyone, by the way?
33.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i''m here!!
35.gif
thanks for all the encouragement on my jeans situation, ladies! i did okay today on food--considering, haha. it''s my little brother''s birthday, so mom grilled hamburgers. i had one plus two spoonfuls of baked beans, a small piece of cake, and a spoon of ice cream (i just pretended that spoonful was really a scoop, haha). as for any exercise, my mom''s cat was running from my sister''s boyfriend''s 5 year old son, who was chasing the cat, who was being chased by our other evil cat, and i was at the rear of all the chasing to make sure satan kitty didn''t remove a facial feature from the kid, so yeeeaaahh...can''t say i''m in any hurry to procreate!
9.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Haha doodle sounds like you had a good time, but stayed on track at the same time, awesome!
36.gif

Morning all! Here''s a question I have. What motivates you?

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 7:26:42 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Haha doodle sounds like you had a good time, but stayed on track at the same time, awesome!
36.gif

Morning all! Here''s a question I have. What motivates you?
Good question. I''m ashamed of my answer though. Super skinny friends motivate me. Seeing beautiful brides in their dresses motivates me. The honeymoon motivates me!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
no shame in that answer, courtney--mine''s the same! then again, i''m a size 16 while most of my friends are size 2-6, so i look like i could eat them, haha. one of my friends is small enough i''m pretty sure i could floss my teeth with her...she''s also getting married only three months before me, so that''s a defiite motivator!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hi! Ok, I am back among the living after my self-imposed isolation to try to finish my current dissertation chapter.
3.gif

Eating-wise, I was good today! I had this oaty thing called a flapjack (SO tasty, not really low in fat, but I need to eat oats) for breakfast this morning, then had a FABULOUS salad for lunch--it had shrimp and crayfish in it and it was so so tasty! Tonight for dinner I am either going to make some pasta (not so healthy but tasty) or have lentil soup (healthy but not quite as tasty). I''ve been really good with the eating since I found some foods to keep me healthy, so I am thinking of maybe treating myself to the pasta. Undecided as of now!
1.gif

I did about 3 miles of walking today too, which felt good--AND I snuck it in just before it started pouring rain! Haha!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Courtney: I so feel you there. I look at girls that are thinner than me and think, "Wow if I don''t lose weight I''ll never get to be really really beautiful while I''m young." That sounds so horrible, it''s just I feel like I''ve always been the big girl with the pretty face and that gets old. I want to wear a mini skirt before I''m 30 because otherwise I don''t think I''ll get to. Does that make sense?
40.gif

Doodle: I know what you mean completely as well. Since I am large and tall I often feel like a monster or something next to people. Everyone seems so much smaller than me even if they aren''t necessarily.
8.gif

Gwen: I was wondering where you were!! So glad to hear you''re making progress, that is awesome! Are you feeling better? What did you end up eating for dinner? That is some awesome walking you''re doing! You are definitely in better shape than me. I skipped my walk tonight, but I probably shouldn''t have.
12.gif

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Well I just got back from a morning walk and I was thinking about this thread as I was doing my walking, so I thought I''d post. I''m in a group now that tracks steps on a pedometer for 4 months and it is a sort of "competition" to see which team can get the highest daily step average.

According to the info the company that runs it sent out, the average American only walks around 1500 steps a day, which is less than a mile. The goal of the program is to walk 10,000 steps a day (about 4-5 miles). It was really interesting when I first got my pedometer to see how little I really walked, and how easy it is to add a lot more steps. I walked around my block today and found out it is around 2500 steps and takes about 20 mins for me to walk. So I did two laps and got almost 5k steps in 40 mins and it wasn''t difficult at all! So I''d suggest getting a pedometer to track your steps and see how many you do a day. You just put it on your waistband and go about your normal activities, every step counts.

I''m hoping that along with the already scheduled gym time I have, this will keep me active for at least the next 4 months when the competition is over, and then I''ll have a good enough start that the last 8 months before the wedding wll be easy.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 8:54:59 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Gwen: I was wondering where you were!! So glad to hear you''re making progress, that is awesome! Are you feeling better? What did you end up eating for dinner? That is some awesome walking you''re doing! You are definitely in better shape than me. I skipped my walk tonight, but I probably shouldn''t have.
12.gif
Hiya, Sarah! Oh, I was bad and had the pasta, but will be making up for it by doing some extra walking...since I think two of my best friends at school and I will be celebrating me getting my first job interview by getting Chinese takeaway tonight. If we DON''T do that, then I will be having that lentil soup instead. Had my last flapjack in the morning--I will have to find some sort of low-cal oat breakfast bar to replace them. For lunch I had a 300-cal chicken wrap which was decent but not terribly tasty. And I''ve been drinking water like the dickens!

How is it going for you, Sarah? Got anything planned for the weekend?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results